INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
FWIW, I heard the same info secondhand. Source was someone close to the program.

giphy.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I imagine this scenario happening a lot:

CF poster A posts "I'm hearing Bolton is eligible!"

CF poster B reads this and tells a friend. That friend tells another, and that friend tells CF poster C.

CF poster C posts "For what it's worth I'm hearing the same thing."

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
If this ends up not being true, you should be banned for life.

My all-time favorite "insider info" came in maybe 2008(?) or so when the athletic department teased a major announcement coming about broadcasting partners for Cyclone games. Some guy, either here or at Cyclone Report (I don't remember where) said WHO radio was going to start carrying ISU games. It was set, it was done, it was 100% happening. Obviously that would have been a major coup at the time, given WHO's signal strength and the fact that they already broadcasted games for the state's lesser athletics program.

Needless to say, that dude was wrong. It was the announcement about 100.3 in Des Moines carrying the games. I don't know what happened to that guy but I hope he got banned too.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
My all-time favorite "insider info" came in maybe 2008(?) or so when the athletic department teased a major announcement coming about broadcasting partners for Cyclone games. Some guy, either here or at Cyclone Report (I don't remember where) said WHO radio was going to start carrying ISU games. It was set, it was done, it was 100% happening. Obviously that would have been a major coup at the time, given WHO's signal strength and the fact that they already broadcasted games for the state's lesser athletics program.

Needless to say, that dude was wrong. It was the announcement about 100.3 in Des Moines carrying the games. I don't know what happened to that guy but I hope he got banned too.
Bobcats was better

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Just FYI.. Another isu site said as of yesterday there was no news on the waiver..

Pretty sure if isu was told they would announce that day..there would be no need to wait few days..so...

I'm fairly certain we did not hear Kempt got his sixth year the day Iowa State found out. Campbell and Prohm both announce things when they want to do it.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008

In that dude's defense, both WHO and 100.3 are owned by IFartRadio, so it could have been an honest mistake.

Either that, or the guy is a total bouchedag.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
In that dude's defense, both WHO and 100.3 are owned by IFartRadio, so it could have been an honest mistake.

Either that, or the guy is a total bouchedag.

Everything is owned by iHeartRadio. It's one thing to screw up the channel but to say it's WHO...with all that implies...that's a blunder for the ages.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron