INSIDER: What I know about Rasir Bolton waiver timeline

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I really don't know how great of a case that Bolton has because I'm not sure how toxic it was for the players at Penn State under their head coach?

But I do think giving Martin a waiver sets a really bad precedent. So an assistant coach leaving would now allow you to transfer without penalty? Really? That happens nearly every year at almost every school.

Okay Fran. j/k

isu83

May 5, 2010
I really don't know how great of a case that Bolton has because I'm not sure how toxic it was for the players at Penn State under their head coach?

But I do think giving Martin a waiver sets a really bad precedent. So an assistant coach leaving would now allow you to transfer without penalty? Really? That happens nearly every year at almost every school.
Players should be able to transfer just like coaches do!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We could use him this year, certainly, but it's not the end of the world if he can't. We'll definitely need the other guys to step up if he's not.

We’re going to need him in 22/23 as well. If he gets eligible this year then the year after he leaves we’ll have people whining about “missing Rasir Bolton”.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
We’re either getting him for three years starting this year or getting him for three years starting next year. So what is the nut cup for?
We really need him to be eligible if we want to make the tournament. If he’s not able to play this year, guys like Jackson, Grill, Lewis and Leech are going to have to play a ton right away and be able to contribute. We’d really only have two guards with any experience in Haliburton and Nixon. Bolton would be a huge boost for this years sucess. With Bolton, I think we can make the tournament.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
We’re either getting him for three years starting this year or getting him for three years starting next year. So what is the nut cup for?

The ceiling of this years team is higher with Bolton available... plus the staff has seemingly been planning on Rasir being in the top 7 rotation if not a starter.
Not the end of the world if Rasir needs to sit out but it would be at least a solid tap below the belt if he is forced to.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
The question is... Does O Martin get a waiver just based on his OC changing(which I don’t think is even a waiver excuse)

While Bolton does not.. that would be ultimate isu.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
CBB is a guard's game. You need 4-5 good ones to compete at the highest levels.

Haliburton and Nixon sound like a good 1-2 to start, and I am confident at least a few of Lewis, Griffin, Jackson, Grill, and Leech will turn into good players for us.

And yes, I said Lewis and Griffin -- both or either could be a late bloomer.

Bolton is far more proven than any of them, however, and has more experience. We have a far larger cloud of uncertainty about the roster and rotation going into the season if we cannot play Bolton this year, though imagining him as a RS-sophomore after a year to improve, itching to come onto the floor and take over the team is a nice thought, too.

This makes no sense.. nobody cares about 22/23..

We do care about this season.

Putting this in economic terms, you seem to have a very high discount rate. I tend to have a relatively low one. Nobody is going to care about a meh year in 2019-2020 when RS-senior Bolton is CPOTY and leading the team on a deep run in March in both postseasons.

:)

Reactions: NWICY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
We really need him to be eligible if we want to make the tournament. If he’s not able to play this year, guys like Jackson, Grill, Lewis and Leech are going to have to play a ton right away and be able to contribute. We’d really only have two guards with any experience in Haliburton and Nixon. Bolton would be a huge boost for this years sucess. With Bolton, I think we can make the tournament.

Right, but it’s just as likely we need him for the same reason 4 years from now. Or we might even need him for something bigger and better. It’s a crapshoot and shouldn’t affect people’s balls in any way.