***Official Y Cap City Thread***

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Boy a lot of this season could very well depend on Bolton eligibility.. He’s exactly what we need in the backcourt to go with TH and PN.. and adding Solomon up front this year as help and this team will be just fine..

Definitely need a proven scorer at the 2. Tyrese is going to be fantastic, but I'm going to guess we're looking at 12 ppg. Very, very efficient, plays winning basketball, but just doesn't have a scorer's mentality (yet). If Bolton isn't eligible, we need Lewis or Jackson to really step up (probably both).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I know this is all just summer league and a lot of the highlights should be taken with a grain of salt, but man I love watching Tre Jackson. I haven't been to watch any games, but it seems like from the highlights he's getting the crowd involved all the time. It's not like he's dunking the ball either... His handle is on a string, his finishing ability is elite, and his quick shot release will help him acclimate quickly to the D-1 level. I hope we're able to look back and say man, he was a steal.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I know this is all just summer league and a lot of the highlights should be taken with a grain of salt, but man I love watching Tre Jackson. I haven't been to watch any games, but it seems like from the highlights he's getting the crowd involved all the time. It's not like he's dunking the ball either... His handle is on a string, his finishing ability is elite, and his quick shot release will help him acclimate quickly to the D-1 level. I hope we're able to look back and say man, he was a steal.

I am far from a talent expert, but Jackson looks better than his 3 star rating.

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for posting. Tre's dribbling reminds me of Tinsley, not sure we've had a player with that kind of handle since. Anderson's game reminds me of Niang's.

Leech didn't play?

Leech and Grill were not there last night. I agree on Anderson's game and the other person that I would compare him to is Dean Wade.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Thanks for posting. Tre's dribbling reminds me of Tinsley, not sure we've had a player with that kind of handle since. Anderson's game reminds me of Niang's.

Leech didn't play?
Leech and Grill were the only no shows yesterday. It was Leech’s first missed game. Hopefully he’s back on Thursday. I love watching his game.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I am far from a talent expert, but Jackson looks better than his 3 star rating.

The game looks so easy for him. With that stroke I'd be surprised if his floor isnt 40% from three. He seems to have great floor presence as well and the ability to facilitate.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
The game looks so easy for him. With that stroke I'd be surprised if his floor isnt 40% from three. He seems to have great floor presence as well and the ability to facilitate.

The combination of good handles, the quickness to blow by you, and the ability to hit the three could be pretty lethal.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

The thing that strikes me about him in the highlights is that he plays at his own pace all the time. Nobody at the Cap City League level is speeding him up, and then he uses that control of pace to blow by guys, kind of like a pitcher who uses a great change up to play up a middling fastball.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I just wish Jackson was bigger than 6'1" and roughly 170.

I know small guys an be good basketball players... see Monté Morris on that one... but it is hard to survive on that size on skill alone without elite athleticism.

Sounds like Jackson might be the first guard off the bench this season, or even starting if Prohm wants to play small/fast and Bolton does not end up with the waiver.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I'm really excited about the young talent on this team. The freshmen all can shoot the ball. I was most excited about Jackson's High School highlights and he has carried that into the summer league. Conditt and TH are a year older and are going to be really good.

It is also great to see Zion healthy. His shot looks better and he has his bounce back. He may be a huge surprise this year if he can play solid defense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron