Penny and Memphis now have the #1 class for 2019

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin

giphy.gif

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Guys, you're terrible for thinking money was involved.

Memphis has always been a clean cut program. Penny just is a well established individual with a lot of connections and the kids just fall in love with his personality and his coaching style.

Come one!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Should be interesting to see what they do next year. This isn't like a Duke or Kentucky Freshman class where they are all top 10 players. And this class is supposed to be a weaker class. Also interesting to see what Tucker thinks of the situation because I could see him getting frustrated with all the freshman he has to play with.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Should be interesting to see what they do next year. This isn't like a Duke or Kentucky Freshman class where they are all top 10 players. And this class is supposed to be a weaker class. Also interesting to see what Tucker thinks of the situation because I could see him getting frustrated with all the freshman he has to play with.

More importantly, it will be interesting to see if Penny can juggle all of the talent. There are only a few coaches who have been able to do it effectively.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
haters gonna hate

I was a big Penny fan when he was at Memphis playing so I hope he does well there.

I was when he was a player, but his attitude as a coach is less than warming. Before he even accomplished anything, he was claiming everyone is jealous of him. Plus you add the fact that he is eyeball deep in the AAU world and "magically" signs all these top AAU kids? Yeah, not buying it, but someone is buying those kids. He isn't the first well known athlete to HC a college school, but he is the first in quite a while to have kids almost immediately line up to sign with his school.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I am skeptical it's on the up and up but good for him.

If only it was a program that you can find on TV for any game..

• Winner
Reactions: chadly82

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron