Game of Thrones Season 8

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
i just want to see both sides acting intelligently/logically and an actual conflict. Not weighting the scales for dramatic affect. I mean, the battle for Winterfell was some epic cinema, but how on earth from what we saw did they only lose half their forces?
Yeah it seemed like it should have been way more than that.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Yeah it seemed like it should have been way more than that.

To me, it looked like they had maybe 20 people left, I guess some could have run away from winterfell, but I didn't see it. Some really heavy plot armor. they should have just had half the Army in reserve the twins or something. Would not have been hard to do, but I guess there is more tension if it looks like total decimation.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Tywin tried to do that to the Starks and the people in that world saw it as going to far. And I doubt any viewers saw that as anything but evil.

Influential people die all the time, but effectively erasing a house seems like the ultimate tyrannical move in that world.

I think that since she's lost the purpose of freeing slaves that she's become focused on power at any costs. It was easy to talk about the perfect scenario when they got to Westeros with a massive advantage. But now she's seeing her opportunity start to slip and she's willing to pay any cost to take the throne.
Tywin did it twice. House Reyne first and later to the Starks/Tullys
Reflecting on the Dany thing, I have basically just been fighting against the writing of her character the last 2 seasons instead of the points made by many here. We have 2 episodes left and I don't see any hope for her at this point and felt the character deserved more. I know the quote, if you thought this had a happy ending, you have not been paying attention so it's in the realm of GOT. It just bums me out that they all said the ending is bittersweet. If Dany turning heel and losing everything is a bittersweet ending, it just seems bitter to me.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I will say, I did like Sansa and The Hound's interaction, and the first part of the show. Just the way they are using Euron and the unrealistic weighting of the confilct for dramatic affect towards Cersei is what bothers me. She is an objectively terrible person and cut a woman's head off with a Zombie, and people want me to think Dany is the insane one. Come on, now. Dany has done good things, and Cersei has done zero.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Funny, I missed something last night that I caught this morning. I thought it was Dany that was cursing Cersei and King’s Landing by shouting Dracarys at them as Missandei was being executed. Instead, it was Missandei shouting Dracarys at Daenerys, basically telling her to “burn this mother****** to the ground.”

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
One thing I don't understand in the episode; if Danny is so worried about Jon's parentage, why didn't Danny legitimize Jon as a Stark? Him becoming a Stark would then allow Danny to take the throne unopposed.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
One thing I don't understand in the episode; if Danny is so worried about Jon's parentage, why didn't Danny legitimize Jon as a Stark? Him becoming a Stark would then allow Danny to take the throne unopposed.

Also, she would be happy to have family whom she already loves. She is desperate for family which prior to Jon's reveal she thought she had none of.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I keep thinking about the "bittersweet ending" thing. I'm just spitballing here, but what I'm guessing happens is that it's a "happy ending" in that Cersei is ousted, but nobody is happy because they've lost the people they love most.

I am somewhat predicting Jon dies (either he or Dany is going to, there's not really a way to sustain both) - so if Dany gets the throne, it's bittersweet because she's ruling over a land where nobody loves her and she lost the only person who did. If Dany dies and Jon rules, it's him ruling a land he loves but doesn't want to rule without the person he loves. I'm thinking either Jaime or Tyrion dies, which will leave the other sad in the end. If Jaime dies, Brienne will be broken. I think Grey Worm may make it, but is sad because he has no Missandei. Sansa is ruling the north alone, Arya won't stay (if she makes it - I'm not sure she will, given her conversation w/the Hound). I'm a bit bummed that there's presumably no more Tormund, that's bittersweet for me. ;)
Spin off idea: Tormund's Ghost adventures!

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Jon told her that he was going to tell Sansa and Arya anyway. Had Dany done that beforehand, Sansa and Arya would have seen it for what it was.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And how is this different than Tywin aside from Dragon's? He sacked King's Landing for no reason after Rhaegar was killed, and had The Mountain smash babies against a wall. Are they setting her up for madness? I guess possibly, but it doesn't make sense to me. How is Cersei not mad? She essentially drove Tommen to suicide by killing his wife.
Who cares how it compares to what Tywin did, and who cares whether Cersei is mad or not when it comes to Dany and her story? I have no idea what point you are trying to make. None of that precludes Dany from also being mad or doing some very bad things.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I will say, I did like Sansa and The Hound's interaction, and the first part of the show. Just the way they are using Euron and the unrealistic weighting of the confilct for dramatic affect towards Cersei is what bothers me. She is an objectively terrible person and cut a woman's head off with a Zombie, and people want me to think Dany is the insane one. Come on, now. Dany has done good things, and Cersei has done zero.

It's entirely possible that neither are good options to rule.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I’m going to miss Missandei. She had the best “assets” on a show full of good assets.

One minute she's on the boat, the next minute she is in King's Landing (Which just happens to be Essos or Dorne now, who cares about continuity from previous seasons.)