Game of Thrones Season 8

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
The only one we know for sure won’t kill Cersei is Arya despite being the most qualified for the job. The show runners won’t have her kill the two biggest villains on the show. I do worry they are writing Dany to die at this point and don’t like it. I kept hoping she would find out she is pregnant and they give her perspective but clearly if that happens, it will be after they take everything from her.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Davos may have had the most cryptic scene of the season so far:

"The Lord of Light: we play his game for him, fight his war, and then, he ***** off. No signs. No blessings. Who knows what he wants."

With so little time left in the series, I find it hard to believe that this scene has little significance.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Missandei's death is the point of no return for Dany. She's shown flashes of the madness her father was infamous for over the years, and now she's going to just let it fly, to hell with any checks on her worst impulses.

I don’t get this line of thought. If there is a mad queen it is Cersei. She murdered countless people including their “Pope” with wildfire while blowing up a Church. Yet the people flock into the castle. Makes zero sense.

Dany grieving a Dragon and Missandei is not insanity, it’s normal.

I like the political drama and I am guessing Sansa has gone full Littlefinger, but that is a guess I have not read any spoilers.

Dany has done nothing that comes close to Tywin or Cersei in terms of cruelty, and her motivations are far more noble. I mean, Cersei is using Qyburn to experiment on people and has an undead body guard.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Funny, I missed something last night that I caught this morning. I thought it was Dany that was cursing Cersei and King’s Landing by shouting Dracarys at them as Missandei was being executed. Instead, it was Missandei shouting Dracarys at Daenerys, basically telling her to “burn this mother****** to the ground.”

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Suppose Sansa spilled Jon’s secret specifically to create some chaos in Dany’s camp?
Definitely did. Very much a Littlefinger-esque play because she is smart enough to know that Tyrion could not not tell Varys this information. And then like Varys promptly said "eight people know now, that means hundreds of people will know soon."

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
The Tarly boys would probably disagree with that notion.

And to be claer, I'm not saying she's definitely mad, but to the people of Westeros, they see her show up with three dragons, and an army full of strange warriors from across the sea, and immediately conquer Dragonstone. Do you think they have a good impression of her?

They were offered an opportunity to kneel, which is more than what Tywin would have given them. They chose their death, that is on them.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don’t get this line of thought. If there is a mad queen it is Cersei. She murdered countless people including their “Pope” with wildfire while blowing up a Church. Yet the people flock into the castle. Makes zero sense.

Dany grieving a Dragon and Missandei is not insanity, it’s normal.

I like the political drama and I am guessing Sansa has gone full Littlefinger, but that is a guess I have not read any spoilers.

Dany has done nothing that comes close to Tywin or Cersei in terms of cruelty, and her motivations are far more noble. I mean, Cersei is using Qyburn to experiment on people and has an undead body guard.
It's not what shes done, but what the show has set her up to do. It seems like she is going to go nuclear on Kings Landing and kill a bunch of innocent people now. She more or less said she was going to in this episode.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Definitely did. Very much a Littlefinger-esque play because she is smart enough to know that Tyrion could not not tell Varys this information. And then like Varys promptly said "eight people know now, that means hundreds of people will know soon."

Benioff & Weiss said this was the case in the "Behind the Episode" feature last night.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Funny, I missed something last night that I caught this morning. I thought it was Dany that was cursing Cersei and King’s Landing by shouting Dracarys at them as Missandei was being executed. Instead, it was Missandei shouting Dracarys at Daenerys, basically telling her to “burn this mother****** to the ground.”

All Dany really need do is to burn the Red Keep. Not the entire city. Make Cersei live among the smallfolk, who'd likely riot again and kill her.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
They were offered an opportunity to kneel, which is more than what Tywin would have given them. They chose their death, that is on them.

Tywin tried to do that to the Starks and the people in that world saw it as going to far. And I doubt any viewers saw that as anything but evil.

Influential people die all the time, but effectively erasing a house seems like the ultimate tyrannical move in that world.

I think that since she's lost the purpose of freeing slaves that she's become focused on power at any costs. It was easy to talk about the perfect scenario when they got to Westeros with a massive advantage. But now she's seeing her opportunity start to slip and she's willing to pay any cost to take the throne.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
It's not what shes done, but what the show has set her up to do. It seems like she is going to go nuclear on Kings Landing and kill a bunch of innocent people now. She more or less said she was going to in this episode.

And how is this different than Tywin aside from Dragon's? He sacked King's Landing for no reason after Rhaegar was killed, and had The Mountain smash babies against a wall. Are they setting her up for madness? I guess possibly, but it doesn't make sense to me. How is Cersei not mad? She essentially drove Tommen to suicide by killing his wife.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
Tywin tried to do that to the Starks and the people in that world saw it as going to far. And I doubt any viewers saw that as anything but evil.

Influential people die all the time, but effectively erasing a house seems like the ultimate tyrannical move in that world.

Yeah, and it's the Lannisters who do this stuff. So, I don't think it is a lock that Dany gets the throne, or that she is the ideal leader, but she is far and away better than Cersei.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I keep thinking about the "bittersweet ending" thing. I'm just spitballing here, but what I'm guessing happens is that it's a "happy ending" in that Cersei is ousted, but nobody is happy because they've lost the people they love most.

I am somewhat predicting Jon dies (either he or Dany is going to, there's not really a way to sustain both) - so if Dany gets the throne, it's bittersweet because she's ruling over a land where nobody loves her and she lost the only person who did. If Dany dies and Jon rules, it's him ruling a land he loves but doesn't want to rule without the person he loves. I'm thinking either Jaime or Tyrion dies, which will leave the other sad in the end. If Jaime dies, Brienne will be broken. I think Grey Worm may make it, but is sad because he has no Missandei. Sansa is ruling the north alone, Arya won't stay (if she makes it - I'm not sure she will, given her conversation w/the Hound). I'm a bit bummed that there's presumably no more Tormund, that's bittersweet for me. ;)

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I think it could be Yara too...maybe he's seeing a **** ton of fireballs headed his way mid-air. Maybe it's Daario?

But I also think, and have heard some say this for a while, that Drogon will have some sort of body armor. Dany cannot risk losing Drogon without burning a lot of ****.

Remember...Emilia Clarke said last week that this episode is good...but 5 will make people mental. Some big **** is going down next week.

i just want to see both sides acting intelligently/logically and an actual conflict. Not weighting the scales for dramatic affect. I mean, the battle for Winterfell was some epic cinema, but how on earth from what we saw did they only lose half their forces?

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

Tywin had done it twice, and people feared him as much as they respected him when they talked about him without him present. I know what you're saying but it seems that people "forgave" him for eliminating the Reyne's of Castamere. Maybe that had to do with the fact that they initially rebelled against their liege lord, who knows

• Agree
Reactions: aobie

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron