Sources: Shaka Smart’s Departure Likely

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If Texas U ever gets really serious about mens basketball...Kansas could be in trouble....With an unlimited amount of money, I cant figure out why the Horns want to be an average to mediocre b-ball program....I wish Mr Shaka Smart would stay for another 10 years or so.....

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If Texas U ever gets really serious about mens basketball...Kansas could be in trouble....With an unlimited amount of money, I cant figure out why the Horns want to be an average to mediocre b-ball program....I wish Mr Shaka Smart would stay for another 10 years or so.....

I think Texas athletes are too pampered. Their football and basketball teams should always be great, but they seem to underachieve.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

Shaka was a pretty major hire and its been somewhat surprising its gone sideways like this.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I assumed Smart would get at least another year as long as UT reached the tournament, at minimum. That possibility is on shaky ground now. Or "on Shaka ground."
I don’t think the standard at Texas is barely sneaking in the tourney. That’s what got Barnes fired.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
I assumed Smart would get at least another year as long as UT reached the tournament, at minimum. That possibility is on shaky ground now. Or "on Shaka ground."

Agreed. I don't think the Booster Club will pass around the hat to buy out a BB coach. A FB coach would be another story..