Now On To Baylor

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah but they haven't just been eeking out wins. And their offense has improved about 40 spots on KenPom over that span. If ISU was playing great at home I would think differently, but they have lost twice already and Tech is the best team left on the schedule.

The Tech game with be an absolute battle. I think there is a good chance that Tech 13-4 when they come to Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Fred was 4-1 at home against Baylor. Steve is 2-1 at home against Baylor.
2015 was painful as we were up by 62-54 with 8 minutes to go. Baylor finished as #3 seed that year and we finished 12-6 in the conference and a game out of first. A poster once told me that all a coach can do is put players in the position to win in the last 5 minutes and then it’s on the players. Probably easier just to say Fred choked it away.
Pretty sure Baylor made like 8 straights 3s to end that game. I remember thinking we didn't play that bad down the stretch, they just made literally every shot the last 5-6 minutes of that game.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Pretty sure Baylor made like 8 straights 3s to end that game. I remember thinking we didn't play that bad down the stretch, they just made literally every shot the last 5-6 minutes of that game.

Pretty sure you are remembering it wrong. Just see the Cat’s post for the correct interpretation as Fred choked away a Big 12 title.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

It was 5 possessions in a row with a made 3P shot. 6 three-point attempts, made, in a row (one missed two pointer mixed in, which they got the OReb and promptly nailed a 3). The run also had 7 Baylor made buckets in a row be 3Ps (although they did miss one 3P attempt in that stretch).

Just a brutal loss, followed by an equally painful one point loss at KSU. That season could/should have been an all-time great with both conference titles and a deep run in the tournament.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
It was 5 possessions in a row with a made 3P shot. 6 three-point attempts, made, in a row (one missed two pointer mixed in, which they got the OReb and promptly nailed a 3). The run also had 7 Baylor made buckets in a row be 3Ps (although they did miss one 3P attempt in that stretch).

Just a brutal loss, followed by an equally painful one point loss at KSU. That season could/should have been an all-time great with both conference titles and a deep run in the tournament.

Kansas State loss was more painful as KSU didn’t lead until under a minute to go when Niang threw the ball to a KSU defender on an inbounds pass.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Kansas State loss was more painful as KSU didn’t lead until under a minute to go when Niang threw the ball to a KSU defender on an inbounds pass.
I can’t differentiate the two. Such a missed opportunity. We lost to a bad TT in Lubbock, too.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The Tech game with be an absolute battle. I think there is a good chance that Tech 13-4 when they come to Ames.

I think there's a pretty good chance that game is the difference between TT winning the conference outright at 14-4 or there being a four team tie at 13-5. Long way to go between now and then, though.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Sweet Jesus, do you watch Big 12 basketball?

Theyre a top ~40 team, on their home court.

Will tech be favored? Yes. Can TCU win that game? Absolutely.

66% for TTU to win. Tech won by 20 the last meeting. TCU just lost at home to Oklahoma by 10.
Want to make a bet on TCU, or are you just blowing smoke.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
66% for TTU to win. Tech won by 20 the last meeting. TCU just lost at home to Oklahoma by 10.
Want to make a bet on TCU, or are you just blowing smoke.

I simply said Tech could lose 3 or 4 out of their last 5. I never said they will lose to TCU I was just pointing out that it is entirely possible but apparently that was ridiculous.

• Agree
Reactions: Jayshellberg

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
I simply said Tech could lose 3 or 4 out of their last 5. I never said they will lose to TCU I was just pointing out that it is entirely possible but apparently that was ridiculous.
You are correct that TT could lose to TCU on the road. If they played today, TT would be favored, but by no more than 3-4 points. Case in point, TCU was favored by 2 points at home versus KU two games ago. Of course, a lot could happen before the two teams play.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No update but I just saw Mason was really bad against Oklahoma after he initially sat out one game. 2-14 from the field, 0-5 from three. Did have 8 assists though.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of info on King McClure other than the injury keeping him out is his knee and he's been labeled "questionable" before being ruled out right before each of their last 3 games.

So basically he'll be 10/14, 4/5 threes and 11 assists tomorrow.

Thanks.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Fred was 4-1 at home against Baylor. Steve is 2-1 at home against Baylor.
2015 was painful as we were up by 62-54 with 8 minutes to go. Baylor finished as #3 seed that year and we finished 12-6 in the conference and a game out of first. A poster once told me that all a coach can do is put players in the position to win in the last 5 minutes and then it’s on the players. Probably easier just to say Fred choked it away.

Yeah, that guy was correct too. Because of course we lost the k state at home because of prohm making Nick miss a wide open 3 and Lindell missing free throws.

I’m mocking the ridiculous standards that are applied by some to the current coach. Fred is my third favorite Cyclone ever, after Mike Born and Brian Pearson (God rest his soul). I loved watching those teams play. It was exciting.

I knew after he stopped wearing a tie that he was leaving. He did it wrong. He stopped recruiting after Monte and Matt. He made Iowa state wait, and not be able to add pieces to give that next team a chance to max their potential.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I dont' know. All I know is since Baylor got that first win in Hilton, ISU has not been very good against them at home.

Hasn't Baylor basically just been better than or as good as ISU in those games?

Definitely a terrible matchup those years at least.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron