Now On To Baylor

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
ISU started the series in HIlton 12-0. Since Baylor broke through ISU is 2-2 against them in Hilton. Going .500 against a team in your own house is not very good.

I guess Fred shouldn’t have lost to them then, gave them confidence.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
ISU started the series in HIlton 12-0. Since Baylor broke through ISU is 2-2 against them in Hilton. Going .500 against a team in your own house is not very good.

Cherry-picking data and ranges isn't very good either. 14-2 is what we are. Pretty sure you don't wanna look at the KU in Hilton record then.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Cherry-picking data and ranges isn't very good either. 14-2 is what we are. Pretty sure you don't wanna look at the KU in Hilton record then.
Who is cherry picking. Someone challenged my take that ISU hasn't been very good against them in Hilton after Baylor finally broke through there. I pointed out that they are 2-2 during that stretch. I never suggested that that was the whole record, I simply stated that they used to dominate them in Ames but since they broke through it has been less than stellar. I never suggested anything else.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Who is cherry picking. Someone challenged my take that ISU hasn't been very good against them in Hilton after Baylor finally broke through there. I pointed out that they are 2-2 during that stretch. I never suggested that that was the whole record, I simply stated that they used to dominate them in Ames but since they broke through it has been less than stellar. I never suggested anything else.

"Finally broke through there" is a completely arbitrary point in time to use as a start point.

Let me do the same... we're 1.00 in Hilton against them since Wigginton has been on the team.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I hate when people use information to make things seem worse than they are. After we lost to Iowa it was we hadn't won a road game in almost two years. Is it true? Sure. Are things that bad? No.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Are you seriously comparing those recent Baylor teams to what that program used to be? Come on man!

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Are you seriously comparing those recent Baylor teams to what that program used to be? Come on man!
No, he’s mostly alluding to wishing such disparity still existed. And let’s not pretend that in several years from 2000-01 to 2011-12 we weren’t similarly bad, if not worse.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Who is comparing? I gave information on the record since Baylor first won in Hilton because that was being discussed at that point. I said that .500 in that span against a team at home isn't great and people make all sorts of assumptions about cherry picking records (that guy chose to cherry pick the last 3 years to make ISU 2-1 against Baylor in Hilton) or trying to make things worse than they are. ISU being 2-2 in Hilton against what Baylor basketball has become is relevant to recent history. I was the first to mention that ISU dominated Baylor in Hilton for over a decade before that. You guys are reading into posts because you want something to ***** about. If you want to ***** about what I post on the subject look at all I posted on the subject rather than just a post or two.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Who is comparing? I gave information on the record since Baylor first won in Hilton because that was being discussed at that point. I said that .500 in that span against a team at home isn't great and people make all sorts of assumptions about cherry picking records (that guy chose to cherry pick the last 3 years to make ISU 2-1 against Baylor in Hilton) or trying to make things worse than they are. ISU being 2-2 in Hilton against what Baylor basketball has become is relevant to recent history. I was the first to mention that ISU dominated Baylor in Hilton for over a decade before that. You guys are reading into posts because you want something to ***** about. If you want to ***** about what I post on the subject look at all I posted on the subject rather than just a post or two.

It’s truly shameful how far our program has fallen We are like the Rutgers of the big 12

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
No you’re being emo. Baylor has become a solid to good program under Drew. It’s a tough game year in and year out in both arenas.
I'm not being emo. I posted facts and people spin it that I am cherry picking stats. The conversation asked what the record was since they finally broke through and won in HIlton. I answered and people can't handle it.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm not being emo. I posted facts and people spin it that I am cherry picking stats. The conversation asked what the record was since they finally broke through and won in HIlton. I answered and people can't handle it.

What is there to handle? We lost Fred’s last year when we had the inside track on the conference championship. Then we lost the next year as well.

Monte’s team beat a team full of size and monsters by 3 during their end of the season run. Then last year that team beat Baylor soundly.

We have also played several close games in Waco, and come up short.

It’s a game between two good solid programs. Will be tough regardless

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree, being .500 against a team at home isn't very good. Its a good thing we are 14-2 against them.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Against the underbelly of the B12. We'll see how they look when they play Kansas on Saturday.

Yeah but they haven't just been eeking out wins. And their offense has improved about 40 spots on KenPom over that span. If ISU was playing great at home I would think differently, but they have lost twice already and Tech is the best team left on the schedule.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah. It’s sucks that Fred choked away a chance at a conference championship when he lost to them when we were in the drivers seat.

What’s prohm’s home record against Baylor?

Fred was 4-1 at home against Baylor. Steve is 2-1 at home against Baylor.
2015 was painful as we were up by 62-54 with 8 minutes to go. Baylor finished as #3 seed that year and we finished 12-6 in the conference and a game out of first. A poster once told me that all a coach can do is put players in the position to win in the last 5 minutes and then it’s on the players. Probably easier just to say Fred choked it away.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron