Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
As a parent of the near-perfect child, let me share the future here with @cowgirl836 :

Finished grading my students' take-home exams while Z played upstairs.
They heeded my fiery and detailed warnings about cheating and did this on the up and up. Good.

Chilled for a second. Went upstairs to ask Z a happy question. She heard me coming, ran out of the bathroom saying, "Dad, the plunger won't break the clog in the toilet."

I knew she'd been cleaning the toilet today, because we talked about it. Apparently that moved, like all of us, to stuffing the toilet with TP. So I smiled, tried the plunger once and let her know the TP was only coming out one way. She knew right away where this was going. It grossed her out completely, we laughed (eventually) while she cleaned it up.

She offered to let me pull some out. I declined with dad classics like "this is all you, buddy," "yeah, that does look gross," and the eternal "if you don't like cleaning the mess, don't make the mess."

She got it done. Should be at least 24 hours before that happens again. Goodness, that looked nasty.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
As a parent of the near-perfect child, let me share the future here with @cowgirl836 :

They heeded my fiery and detailed warnings about cheating and did this on the up and up. Good.

Chilled for a second. Went upstairs to ask Z a happy question. She heard me coming, ran out of the bathroom saying, "Dad, the plunger won't break the clog in the toilet."

I knew she'd been cleaning the toilet today, because we talked about it. Apparently that moved, like all of us, to stuffing the toilet with TP. So I smiled, tried the plunger once and let her know the TP was only coming out one way. She knew right away where this was going. It grossed her out completely, we laughed (eventually) while she cleaned it up.

She offered to let me pull some out. I declined with dad classics like "this is all you, buddy," "yeah, that does look gross," and the eternal "if you don't like cleaning the mess, don't make the mess."

She got it done. Should be at least 24 hours before that happens again. Goodness, that looked nasty.

Did you let her know there were gloves under the bathroom cabinet? Brave kiddo!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Wait until you have friends bring kids over. Our guest toilet gave trouble once, I couldn't plunge it, so I tried the snake. Finally after a bit I struggled to get it back up. A good yank and I noticed I hooked Skeletor with the snake. Toilet worked after that.

Also, with girls, mention that feminine products do not get flushed down the toilet. I've managed to hook one of those also.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrevkah

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Wait until you have friends bring kids over. Our guest toilet gave trouble once, I couldn't plunge it, so I tried the snake. Finally after a bit I struggled to get it back up. A good yank and I noticed I hooked Skeletor with the snake. Toilet worked after that.

Also, with girls, mention that feminine products do not get flushed down the toilet. I've managed to hook one of those also.

Can we please not go to that last bit? I can wait another 6-7 years, thanks!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Did you let her know there were gloves under the bathroom cabinet? Brave kiddo!
Phhhhh. No.

Fun fact that @cowgirl836 will learn since she has a boy - they don't aim! After I gave mine some comet and some old toothbrushes to clean around and behind the toilet a few times, they got better about aiming...
And Rev, giving them gloves never crossed my mind! :oops:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Fun fact that @cowgirl836 will learn since she has a boy - they don't aim! After I gave mine some comet and some old toothbrushes to clean around and behind the toilet a few times, they got better about aiming...

Gloves, to me, would ruin the "this will suck and you will hate it" corrective plan.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Fun fact - thou shalt not flush disposable wipes at grandma's house, because grandma has a septic tank, not a sewer. We paid big bucks for Roto-rooter to bring the BIG snake in to stop the backup into the shower. Talk about ICK factors!!!

• Dislike
Reactions: BCClone

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

I second this! My oldest just stands in front of the toilet and lets it decide where it wants to point and shoot (because we all know that part has a mind of its own), he sometimes hits the water at the bottom of the bowl.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
His actual birthday isn't until the 22nd. I only remember this because it is also one of my brother's birthdays.
How many birthdays does your brother have? J/K it's been a long Monday already.

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
We have a bathroom in our basement that rarely gets used. Like maybe once every two weeks. My roommates decided to throw a party one weekend while I was gone and of course the one bathroom upstairs wasn't enough so they started sending people downstairs to use the other one. One of my roommates keeps his woodworking tools and accessories down there. After that weekend we started having horrible drain issues, culminating in sewage backing up into our basement through the shower drain in the bathroom. Roto-Rooter came out and snaked our drain and pulled out a huge wad of shop towels (like the blue ones that come in a roll from Menards). Apparently the party-goers ran out of toilet paper so in their infinite drunken wisdom they started using the shop towels instead and flushing them down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron