Marty Tirrell arrested on fraud charges

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It was bound to catch up with him sooner or later. Honestly, I'm surprised that it took this long given his reputation and long history of shady behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Chris Williams did an interview with Ken Miller a few Fridays ago. It is on the KXNO podcasts link. It is a great listen and he lays it all out. In summation, he thought they were great together and wanted another shot at recapturing the "magic" they once had.
Did Ken talk about why he has trouble working with women?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Didn't Marty go to bat for some loser guy who kept getting OWI's and wrecked a car and all kinds of other stuff? So this would definetly makes sense.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Figured this day would come eventually. You can only screw people over so many times before it comes back to bite you in the ass. Hes just shady enough I wouldn't be shocked if this isn't all of his problems either. Glad to see the scumbag finally has to own up to his behavior.

• Agree
Reactions: Nihawk

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Was watching grandson playing in a Jr high tournament few years back when Marty came up the isle and sat behind us with an AA friend who was sitting there.After cordial greetings he asked the guy if he had a son playing in the game......there was only one AA in the game! I turned around and told him he was still asking the tough qauestions. We all had a big laugh.l

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Is there a connection to HN in some way?

Only that I remember several threads about how much several of them loved him in years past. I was curious what their response would be. Or the Register's article comments.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Was watching grandson playing in a Jr high tournament few years back when Marty came up the isle and sat behind us with an AA friend who was sitting there.After cordial greetings he asked the guy if he had a son playing in the game......there was only one AA in the game! I turned around and told him he was still asking the tough qauestions. We all had a big laugh.l
The first sentence made me think Alcoholics Anonymous.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
35546125001_3683157636001_video-still-for-video-3682478943001.jpg

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Did Ken talk about why he has trouble working with women?
He may have had trouble with the thought of working with Heather. Frankly, he's probably not alone. She's one of the worst in a long line of bad partners Ken has had in the local radio lineup over the years. But there is certainly no evidence he had trouble "working with women".

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He had trouble working with Heather. Frankly, he's probably not alone. She's one of the worst in a long line of bad partners Ken has had in the local radio lineup over the years.

He worked with heather for like a day.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
He worked with heather for like a day.
I didn't think they even worked together. I thought she was announced as his co-host and he bolted.
He had trouble working with Heather. Frankly, he's probably not alone. She's one of the worst in a long line of bad partners Ken has had in the local radio lineup over the years.
Really? Based on what? She hardly talks on the Morning Rush because Travis can't help but get off on the sound of his own voice. When it's just her, or when it's her and Ross, the show is completely different and in a good way. Interviews are actual interviews, not "let's see how sidetracked we can get our guest." The Morning Rush has always been a heaping pile of trash and an avenue for Travis to brag about himself and trash other people who don't agree with him on anything.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron