RECRUITING: Grad transfer DB Cameron Watkins cuts his list to two

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Paging Marchie Murdock...he had to have played with the guy right? Maybe he could put in a good word!

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Did he have injuries? Only started 7 games last year and started 16 in his career on a not very good team. Otherwise if we're thinking he'd come in and start that doesn't say much for the guys we currently have. Seems like we'd just be adding add'l depth and for him I'd think he'd go where he has the best shot at starting.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So we made the final cut on a kid that started less than half his games for Illinois. Seriously dude ya in ya out. You're a depth player.

I prefer kids that command attention ON the field.

The fact that he still has an offer when we have so few left to give suggests to me that the staff thinks he is more than a depth player.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The fact that he still has an offer when we have so few left to give suggests to me that the staff thinks he is more than a depth player.

Yeah seems like an uninformed opinion.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
So we made the final cut on a kid that started less than half his games for Illinois. Seriously dude ya in ya out. You're a depth player.

I prefer kids that command attention ON the field.
I don't think we would waste a scholly and a bunch of off-season time on a guy we didn't think would play much for the only season he's here...

Our staff sees something in him, clearly.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Did he have injuries? Only started 7 games last year and started 16 in his career on a not very good team. Otherwise if we're thinking he'd come in and start that doesn't say much for the guys we currently have. Seems like we'd just be adding add'l depth and for him I'd think he'd go where he has the best shot at starting.
A guy that didn't play a whole lot at a not so great B1G school is not gonna beat out Eisworth, Lewis or White. We already have good depth at safety as well. I would much rather add a WR, o-lineman or DT.

A few websites that track transfers have Oge listed. I'm guessing he somehow has one year of eligibility left.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
A guy that didn't play a whole lot at a not so great B1G school is not gonna beat out Eisworth, Lewis or White. We already have good depth at safety as well. I would much rather add a WR, o-lineman or DT.

A few websites that track transfers have Oge listed. I'm guessing he somehow has one year of eligibility left.
I wouldn’t expect a corner to beat out a safety, either.

Reactions: bozclone