Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I wind up the same place almost every basketball season. You live and die by each game's results, which is fine and normal. But at the end of the day, basketball might be the most "random" of the major sports. Some days you have it, some days you don't. Some days bounces go your ways, other times they go straight to the other team. Some days you can't get an open shot to fall while your opponent can't miss. It happens.

The beauty of college basketball is it's all about how you play in March and how you match up with the teams in your bracket. Just look at Lunardi's bracket. Let's say the loss causes us to flip with Kansas State. We were a 5 seed who would have had to play Hofstra/ Villanova/Duke. K State was a 6 seed having to play Alabama, Houston, Michigan State. So by dropping seeds I'm not sure you've done that much to hurt your overall chances. It's just all very random .

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
giphy.webp

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
With how disappointing this loss was we do have to look at the season as a whole and not just one game. But, for us to go deep into the tournament we're going to have to put together several games of high intensity play. With the amount of talent we have, we've got to have two or three guys step up when others are having a down game.

• Winner
Reactions: ISUKyro

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah grand scheme of all things in life it's all pretty much meaningless (fan's perspective).

That said, ISU will need to get it's mojo back.

Realistically the wins will be tough to come by the rest of the way. The rest of the away games may be losses, two home games with Baylor and Tech probably a pick 'em even with ISU playing well.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
The loss on its on own isn't a horrible one - a projected 8/9 seed beat us. But to me its 1) HOW we lost and 2) it was in Hilton.

We looked like knew we were playing at home against a mid-level team and we should be able to go through the motions and win. And it seems like we forgot how to play defense.

Very different than the K-State loss where we blew a 5 pt lead with a minute left. We could point to single events that lost us that game - missed 1 and 1s, not stopping a drive for a layup, etc. There wasn't that for TCU - we just got worked.

But losing 2 games at home to teams we are better than stings. No question.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The loss on its on own isn't a horrible one - a projected 8/9 seed beat us. But to me its 1) HOW we lost and 2) it was in Hilton.

We looked like knew we were playing at home against a mid-level team and we should be able to go through the motions and win. And it seems like we forgot how to play defense.

Very different than the K-State loss where we blew a 5 pt lead with a minute left. We could point to single events that lost us that game - missed 1 and 1s, not stopping a drive for a layup, etc. There wasn't that for TCU - we just got worked.

But losing 2 games at home to teams we are better than stings. No question.

Stop it.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
TCU has a lot of dudes. I wouldn't discount them nor be surprised if they beat Ku in Fort Worth tonight. Not sure what the spread was for your TCU game, but it couldn't have been all that much.

• Agree
Reactions: fsanford

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
KSU loss was different. That was just a team that didn't close against another good team. This loss is just bad. Just a horrible defensive effort. That is likely from guys coming out thinking they could sleep walk to a win instead of having to show up and prove it.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Yeah grand scheme of all things in life it's all pretty much meaningless (fan's perspective).

That said, ISU will need to get it's mojo back.

Realistically the wins will be tough to come by the rest of the way. The rest of the away games may be losses, two home games with Baylor and Tech probably a pick 'em even with ISU playing well.

I'm going to guess 4-3 to finish (5-2 if we find a way to take down K State).

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Stop what? Talking about how those two losses stings? That's the entire point of the thread.

The season isn't over. We will regroup. We will go to the NCAA tournament. Things are fine. But those two losses at home still suck.
I think he wants you not to say "We're better than the team to which we lost."

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and Rural

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I was as pissed as I have been for years after Kansas State. I was livid at the players. I was less pissed after TCU because it seemed like a clunker of a game and sometimes that happens.

But no matter what, I have to remind myself that the players and coaches try hard and care more than I do. And I remind myself that all teams go through this (see Michigan state last week). And it’s a hell of s lot better than last week.

After all I have bad days at work where it seems like nothing goes right. They do too.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
TCU has a lot of dudes. I wouldn't discount them nor be surprised if they beat Ku in Fort Worth tonight. Not sure what the spread was for your TCU game, but it couldn't have been all that much.

I dont believe for one second you didn't know the spread was 10, and this is yet again another Surly dig.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron