Can Solomon Young get a medical redshirt?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Not going to be a popular post but this IMO sets him up for a grad transfer.

That is a possibility. He seems a guy pretty dedicated to Prohm and the program. He could be behind quite a bit by the time he is a super-senior, on the other hand.

He is a good guy. If he has no reasonable path to playing time by the time he is a senior and wants to go somewhere to make an impact, I would only wish him well.

Last edited:

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
I think Conditt needs to redshirt next season, I really like the kid and if he put on 25-30 lbs of muscle he could be a real good post player. ISU would have 3 at the post spot next season.

NEXT YEAR I said.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not going to be a popular post but this IMO sets him up for a grad transfer.
Perhaps, but Jacobson will be gone his senior year.

I’m guessing the staff doesn’t see him as buried on the bench as much as CF does. And that’s before any improvements made during the next 21 months. Prohm mentioned last year that Young shooting 3Ps could be a thing.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Perhaps, but Jacobson will be gone his senior year.

I’m guessing the staff doesn’t see him as buried on the bench as much as CF does. And that’s before any improvements made during the next 21 months. Prohm mentioned last year that Young shooting 3Ps could be a thing.
Even in his limited health this year Young showed to be better than Jacobson already. Young isn’t transferring. He is a similar level as Lard just a different style big. One issue is a lot of Young’s talent is in the non stat sheet plays.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
It looks like he has only played in 4 games. Has the staff or anyone that covers the team indicated thats the plan?

I don't think anyone should redshirt in basketball unless he's a very special player, which Young is not. If he were better offensively, I'd say by all means. But for me, he would be taking up a scholarship for an extra year that might go to a better player otherwise. In basketball, there are so few scholarships, you really can't afford to do that. So I say next man in.