*** Official IOWA STATE VS #8 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Gritty win, Cyclones showed toughness and concentration at the end to close the game.

And not to take anything away from the Clones, but I was surprised how "meh" Tech was offensively for most of the game. I know their calling card is defense, but I expect better than 41% FG shooting, 40% FT shooting and only 6 assists from the 8th ranked team in the nation.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
What if I were to tell you that that same exact coach has no idea how to write up an inbounds play????? Go Cyclones. Great win!!
Two were ugly for sure. The one late after the TTU bucket to get Shayok the ball in the middle of the floor was a thing of beauty.

• Winner
Reactions: bozclone

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Terrific win tonight and a great defensive effort for about 36 minutes. The team and staff got tight in the last few minutes but what a win.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Gritty win, Cyclones showed toughness and concentration at the end to close the game.

And not to take anything away from the Clones, but I was surprised how "meh" Tech was offensively for most of the game. I know their calling card is defense, but I expect better than 41% FG shooting, 40% FT shooting and only 6 assists from the 8th ranked team in the nation.
In conference they average only 64 points, they are not a good offensive team, they hold their opponents under 60 that is how they win.

• Winner
Reactions: ComCY

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Some people overeacted others said lets get deeper into the conference season before throwing dirt on the the team ( Not saying you did this))

This team plays defense, they may not always win, but in most cases they will at least give themselves a chance to win.

I refrained from posting simply because I'm tired of the way people overreact to every single thing on this site. No, the losses weren't fun. But FFS the season wasn't over.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
What if I were to tell you that that same exact coach has no idea how to write up an inbounds play????? Go Cyclones. Great win!!

Don't disagree at all. But I'd rather have a coach bring in this roster and struggle with that than someone like Greg McD who had a novel of offensive sets but couldn't.

Only so many practices in the season for a young team. You have to prioritize with a young roster what you work on. Spacing and defense this year has been outstanding. Press break, late game, and in bound plays haven't. I'd speculate if we could see where time has been in practice it's the former.

Now...drawing one up during a timeout is a weakness for Prohm. But I'm not going to let my frustration with that have me calling for his job because we drop a close game now and then.

I would however love to see him hire an assistant that excels at what Fenelly calls 'special teams'.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron