Kleenex etiquette

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What's absolutely gross is people that sit down to eat, pull out a hanky and start blowing their nose super loud. Dude, do that before you sit down with other people, preferably in another county.

• Winner
Reactions: MeanDean

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I don't generally look, but if it's a rather large load, I can't help myself simply out of curiosity about the volume of the excretion.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I check it out. Probably not in the company of others, but I'll try to go blow my nose elsewhere if people are around anyways

Then again, I think the neighbors can hear me blow my nose. :confused:

Cybball37

Dec 11, 2015
Central Iowa
Just really never look. Don’t look down on those that do, just don’t want to see them do it. I will admit to loving Kleenex with lotion. I’m also a two Kleenex minimum user as I blast holes in them.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Here's another kleenex etiquette question for you.

Most days, I ride the bus to work (Yes, I'm environmentally conscious and care about the future of the world... OK, I'm actually just cheap miserly thrifty). If I'm on the bus, is it better to wipe several times quietly with a few sniffles in between or should I just blow it all out like twice during the trip?

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
Case by case. When I am alone I will look at it if it is a big one. In public or in front of family absolutely no way. Maybe the question is why would we look in front of others?

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Always use paper towels and always look. Never know maybe one time it will be something I haven’t seen before.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I'll look too but try to not be too conspicuous about it. If for example there's a string leading to the edge...that's a good sign there might be some left on my facial hair or nose or whatever

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Just really never look. Don’t look down on those that do, just don’t want to see them do it. I will admit to loving Kleenex with lotion. I’m also a two Kleenex minimum user as I blast holes in them.

This sounds about right. I'll occasionally check out the aftermath, but only in private. I'm also a two kleenex guy. You ever put a hole in one while blowing your nose and mistakenly think that you maybe just sneezed out a piece of brain or something? I go to check the tissue thinking that I just expelled King Booger and it turns out to be nothing.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
This sounds about right. I'll occasionally check out the aftermath, but only in private. I'm also a two kleenex guy. You ever put a hole in one while blowing your nose and mistakenly think that you maybe just sneezed out a piece of brain or something? I go to check the tissue thinking that I just expelled King Booger and it turns out to be nothing.
Of course, if you are in a fancy, cloth napkin restaurant, then you have have to ask for those (tiny) cocktail napkins. Those are the worst.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This made me laugh.
My wife gets mad at me for using paper towels, and we have the exact same conversation, but they have lotion on them and paper towels are for the kitchen....

Yeah, that's not the issue hon, the issue is I need something that can contain....

I definitely think there is a market for a tissue that doesn't get a hole blown threw it upon a sneeze or blow.
There is. It's called a handkerchief. :) I never carried one for years, but when I became a parent of young kids I decided that I needed to carry one. Some times if conditions warrant I will carry two just so my son can destroy one and I still have one I can use.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Speaking of sneezing, reminds me of this video:

I know a guy who will start sneezing uncontrollably when he gets liquored up. It has gotten to the point that I will start counting his sneezes. They usually come about 5 seconds apart and I have counted well over 50 on several occasions.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Another pet peeve - grabbing a tissue to clean my glasses and discovering it's a lotion type, resulting in this:
blurred-vision.jpg

:mad:
I would suggest always using cloth to clean your glasses. Tissue is a wood fiber product and even the softest tissue has wood fibers that can scratch the lenses of you glasses.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I look at everything, not matter where and when, sometimes taking pictures and sending them to my nearest and dearest friends.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
It's usually the same color as the kleenex. Oh, you're talking about blowing your nose? Yeah I look.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
While checking your blow is important, the critical component of this process is making sure what didn’t make it into the Kleenex isn’t dangling on your lip or snugglie tangled in your nose hairs, only to remain there the rest of the day because, as we all know, no body will tell you about it.