Kleenex etiquette

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I had some in-laws over the other day and I noticed something horrifying...

When they use a tissue, they always re-open the kleenex to inspect what they shot out of their blowholes :eek:

The wife insists that this is how it is to be done, but I can't say I've ever seen it before. Obviously need a neutral 3rd party to settle this dispute...

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It's on a blow by blow basis for me. I will catch myself doing it sometimes and think "why did I do that" to myself. But continue to catch myself doing it at random times. To that point, I never catch myself doing it at work.

I think i'm too worried about being that "loud nose blower" that I try to get it over with asap

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I inspect once in a while.

Speaking of, I use paper towels at home when there are Kleenex on the sofa table. My wife asks why I do that. I tell her I need structural integrity. She then mentions the Kleenex have lotion built in and I say I don't need that ****.
-Basically its a Seinfeld episode.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We basically gave up on kleenex and use grab toilet paper. I always blow my nose in the bathroom anyhow because it's something that just seems rude to do in front of people. I will check if I think I'm getting a sinus infection or so to see if its changing color.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

Speaking of, I use paper towels at home when there are Kleenex on the sofa table. My wife asks why I do that. I tell her I need structural integrity. She then mentions the Kleenex have lotion built in and I say I don't need that ****.

This made me laugh.
My wife gets mad at me for using paper towels, and we have the exact same conversation, but they have lotion on them and paper towels are for the kitchen....

Yeah, that's not the issue hon, the issue is I need something that can contain....

I definitely think there is a market for a tissue that doesn't get a hole blown threw it upon a sneeze or blow.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
We basically gave up on kleenex and use grab toilet paper. I always blow my nose in the bathroom anyhow because it's something that just seems rude to do in front of people. I will check if I think I'm getting a sinus infection or so to see if its changing color.

Yes, one of my gross-outs-of-life is people blowing their nose while at the table eating
I don't want you pooping while we eat either.

Excuse yourself and go to another room. Or if you're too sick to make it through the meal without several blows, you probably should not be out in the general population anyway.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
On the kleenex be too weak front, when I run outside or go walkabout in the winter I throw some napkins in my coat pocket. Stronger than kleenex and softer than paper towels although the 1/2 size Viva's are decent.

Was running on indoor track earlier this week. A kleenex in each hand because of this stupid cold. They were not up to the task or barely so. :rolleyes:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL

Yeah; when I do the Kleenex thing I ALWAYS grab 2 to get a bit more structure there on the receiving end of the yellow matter custard.

• Agree
Reactions: CyJam

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Doctor told me years ago to pay attention to what's coming out of my body. But I'm discreet - no just opening the tissue and inspecting in front of others.

And yeah, I do paper towels also. Another pet peeve - grabbing a tissue to clean my glasses and discovering it's a lotion type, resulting in this:
blurred-vision.jpg

:mad:

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
I had some in-laws over the other day and I noticed something horrifying...

When they use a tissue, they always re-open the kleenex to inspect what they shot out of their blowholes :eek:

The wife insists that this is how it is to be done, but I can't say I've ever seen it before. Obviously need a neutral 3rd party to settle this dispute...
I do the same thing with TP. How do you know if the paper work is done. Just, usually, don't show it to anyone, tho.

Reactions: CascadeClone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm more concerned with the people that think a Kleenex is hiding the fact that they are going two knuckles deep while mining nose gold.

Nobody needs to see you massaging your frontal cortex at the dinner table.

Crap, is it that obvious? :(

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yes, one of my gross-outs-of-life is people blowing their nose while at the table eating
I don't want you pooping while we eat either.

Excuse yourself and go to another room. Or if you're too sick to make it through the meal without several blows, you probably should not be out in the general population anyway.

Sheesh, it's not dinner at the old Brasky house without my 7 year old taking a mid meal dump.

• Informative
Reactions: 2020cy

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Kind of a similar subject, but my wife has allergies, and she has the loudest sneezes of anyone on the planet. If I purposely tried to make my sneezes as loud as I possibly could, they still wouldn't be that loud. She has almost given me a heart attack by sneezing like that right beside me in the middle of the night.

• Funny
Reactions: oldman and 2020cy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron