****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not looking good. No smoke anywhere. Usually that means not good.
Agree. Smoke = good.
giphy.gif

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Article with quotes from Terry...
The comments MSU getting players into the league are a little telling and if he did just visit MSU I would think Izzo should be the favorite. Nice comments on ISU though.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2018/12/17/jalen-terry-trims-list-to-five/

Terry is down to Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan State, Mississippi State, and Missouri. He has taken an official visit to Iowa State.
He took an unofficial visit to Butler and used an official visit to Iowa State.
Iowa: “They were the first big school to offer me which means a lot. The entire coaching staff is full of great people and they run offense they way I prefer.”

Iowa State: “The coaching staff is super kind and again, the style of play suits my arsenal. ISU has a recent history of developing prospects into highly-touted college players.”
Michigan State: “The coaches have been on me for a while. It’s close to home and I love how they play in transition. One thing that stands out to me is how Coach Izzo sends his guys to the league.”

Mississippi State: “The coaches let the guards play and they do a fantastic job of developing players.”
Mizzou: “All of the coaches are great people and their up-tempo play style like I play.”

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Underwood got IL to give him $18m over 6 years - I don't think he cares what some of these high school coaches think.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Underwood got IL to give him $18m over 6 years - I don't think he cares what some of these high school coaches think.

BU probably doesn't but the AD and school donors probably want to close the boarders and get Chicago Preps. They see the local news and stars and want them to be Illini even if it may not fit what Underwood wants. Like it or not part of that is appeasing the HS and AAU coach in Chi-town.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Seems crazy for any coach to avoid Chicago but it's especially weird for the Illinois coach to be doing it. If they aren't getting Chicago kids, where are they getting them from?