Perdictions for ISU's Attendence at the Alamo Bowl?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Here's a zoomed in shot of one section of the Memphis side of the stadium (I took it from the ISU side of the stadium). That's a very heavy presence of ISU fans on the Memphis side. Also there were ISU fans mixed in there that weren't wearing red. I think it's very easy to underestimate the number of ISU fans at the game. I took closeup pictures of the entire Memphis side of the field and it was pretty much the same as below.

From way up in the air the Memphis side looks purple (blue with red mixed in) but actually had a lot of ISU fans on the Memphis side of the field. My pictures of the ISU side of the field looks totally red with some small areas looking purple.

From looking at actual closeup pictures of the stands and seeing the ISU crowd that we had at the pre-game rally at the baseball stadium, I tend to agree with Jamie and Matt that the ISU crowd would be about 30,000 if not more. And yes, I am an engineer, that's why I took zoomed in photos of the crowd at seating level.

View attachment 60732

Is that the dumb hawk fans in the bottom left? Always one or two dorks who show up in hawk stuff.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Is that the dumb hawk fans in the bottom left? Always one or two dorks who show up in hawk stuff.
I went back to my original photo and zoomed in on the guy. He's wearing a Pittsburg Steelers jacket. Funny thing how hok stuff resembles Steelers stuff! **** the hoks.

I'm a bit intrigued by the ISU letterman sitting near the center of the picture. He looks familiar but I can't really identify him.

Reactions: khardbored

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
You seem to underestimate and that makes me nervous if you had any hand in building anything that I rely on - like planes, cars, roads, buildings.... Hopefully you're an IE so it doesn't have any impact on anyone's actual lives.

Sorry to the REAL imaginary engineers on this board! :)

Not quite right - you want your engineers to have sufficient skepticism and plan accordingly. Think Factors of Safety on your structural elements, etcetera. An appropriate level of skepticism is necessary and good.

elreh

Jan 26, 2009
You seem to underestimate and that makes me nervous if you had any hand in building anything that I rely on - like planes, cars, roads, buildings.... Hopefully you're an IE so it doesn't have any impact on anyone's actual lives.

Sorry to the REAL imaginary engineers on this board! :)
I'm a real engineer and no offense taken.
I was also the Chief Structural Engineer of the Alamodome so if you are going to the game, rest assured there is adequate levels of safety factor on the 378 ft. long x 50 ft. deep trusses over your head. And lots of rebar in the four vertical 300 ft. tall masts:
Alamodome056.jpg

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
So, could it legitimately be up to 30k ISU fans in the stadium?

cyowan

Feb 7, 2013
Ames, IA
What's a perdiction?
The answer to this question is what you're about to read, and is the answer I'm about to give.
tumblr_nk34i7EUAM1shjo9mo9_250.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm a real engineer and no offense taken.
I was also the Chief Structural Engineer of the Alamodome so if you are going to the game, rest assured there is adequate levels of safety factor on the 378 ft. long x 50 ft. deep trusses over your head. And lots of rebar in the four vertical 300 ft. tall masts:
View attachment 60756

An engineer said the same thing after constructing this.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
ISU sections are bottom and right. WSU top and left. These are third party reseller tickets available.
View attachment 60777

Looks like the biggest differences are endzones & upper deck sidelines - ISU's are practically gone, and there are tons left on the WSU side. I'm guessing we'll have quite a few fans in enemy territory just based on what's left & the cost of each.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Wow, looks like a pretty big price gap between the WSU and ISU sides. I'm seeing like a 2x to 3x premium for ISU sections.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

EJ4CY

Feb 11, 2007
Lenexa KS
So is this how the seats are allocated?

Attachments

• D8D5FD2C-F439-483B-95D9-EAE2277FDA44.jpeg
    D8D5FD2C-F439-483B-95D9-EAE2277FDA44.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts