Iowa wrestling meet

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I assume our True Freshman are listed only for Smoke and Mirrors...

Wish I could watch this one and/or follow. Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Saturday night to check results. Hopefully we wrestle well!

Yeah, Carver is not a place to pull a redshirt. Friend of mine who wrestled there a couple times said the crowd gets very nasty and personal with the wrestlers. Never been there so I'm just taking his word on that.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Comparing Cyclones.tv to Big Ten plus is really dumb

Can you buy a B10+ subscription anywhere in the world without a cable tv plan? Seriously asking, I don't know if they have a cord cutter version.

Cyclones.tv is available to anyone in the world with 11 bucks. If we put Texas @ISU football on cyclones.tv it would be much easier for people around the world to watch than LHN.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Can you buy a B10+ subscription anywhere in the world without a cable tv plan? Seriously asking, I don't know if they have a cord cutter version.

Cyclones.tv is available to anyone in the world with 11 bucks. If we put Texas @ISU football on cyclones.tv it would be much easier for people around the world to watch than LHN.

And this was JPs major point of contention. It was a swipe at LHN. The hawks always try to spin it as its a swipe at them. Little brother move right there. JP has moved on from Iowa and with Prohm and Campbell is wanting conference titles. Iowa doesn't mean as much as conference championships.

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
I would guess the listings of the True Freshmen would imply they will be traveling and weighing in. Getting that experience, especially in one of the more hostile and intimidating environments they will face, will pay off largely in future years.

In order to build, the shirts need to stay on and work for the future. Not for a point or two at NCAA's this year.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy and buf87

OOTClone

Jan 3, 2017
For the dual, man am I excited for 133, 141, and 149. Add in 197 if Warner goes.

We will quickly find out how close Gomez is to AA status. His pace is a great asset to have against Desanto. Stay out of the fireman's and I take Gomez.

Parker and Murin should be a battle again. Pace will be huge here. Parker need to be able to wrestle the full 7min.

Lugo struggled with length against Kent St. Degan should be able to present the same type of issues. Lugo can be explosive and his position is solid. Need to create as many scrambles and weird positions as possible.

Miklus vs Warner rematch would be good. Warner put it on him last year. Warner hasn't wrestled yet this year. Would be a big match to kick your season off with.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
He has said multiple times that if the redshirt got pulled, it wouldn't be until after the Southern Scuffle. I would be surprised if that changed.
I won’t get my hopes up, but would really like to see Carr wrestle this year.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Why? I think it is the wrong time and situation to do this. I think it would submarine his development. You have something against Carr?
Submarine his development? You’re going to need to explain that. I’ll outline my reasons why I’d like him to wrestle.

1. Carr is the best option for the team by a significant margin.
2. Carr does not need as much time to develop as many recruits. Top recruits have shown repeatedly that they are ready to go as true freshman.
3. Unknowns and injuries. There is no guaranty what the future holds, so saving him now for a year in 2023 is nothing more than a hope. The team could be even worse in 2023. Carr could transfer out. If Kemmerer hadn’t redshirted as a true freshman, he would be able to have a guaranteed redshirt this year. Now he is at the mercy of the NCAA to grant him an additional year.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Please, please wrestle Carr.

giphy.gif

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I'm really torn on the whole RS thing. Before the season I was all for Carr redshirting but now I'm leaning the other way. Still think they should wait until after the scuffle and then decide but would be really awesome for him to make his debut @ CHA with a win. Highly doubt Shapiro's shirt gets pulled at all this year but I'm open to it if he's a better option than Colbray. Anybody know which one has looked better in the room?

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Disagree. Keep the redshirt on

This. Please do not. Or any other true frosh.

BTN Plus is internet only and you can watch the meet on it for for the monthly rate of $10. That's the same price most of the world (and Iowa) has to pay to watch Iowa and ISU wrestle in Ames so I'm confused at what Jamie was getting at.

To answer an earlier question, expect a MUCH better showing by our guys than this meet last year. I don't see a close meet. Iowa is good, even beat up. But we have improved and will keep improving.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I'm fine either way on redshirting Carr but I don't think in Carver against a ranked opponent is the time to pull it.
If you’re fine with wrestling him, than why wait? Wouldn’t it be good to get the experience in the type of environment Carver provides?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If you’re fine with wrestling him, than why wait? Wouldn’t it be good to get the experience in the type of environment Carver provides?

Carver is the worst possible environment to pull the shirt in. I have no issue pulling the shirt, but Carver is the worst possible place to do it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This. Please do not. Or any other true frosh.

BTN Plus is internet only and you can watch the meet on it for for the monthly rate of $10. That's the same price most of the world (and Iowa) has to pay to watch Iowa and ISU wrestle in Ames so I'm confused at what Jamie was getting at.

Mediacom customers disagree

Help Support Us

Become a patron