Iowa wrestling meet

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm confused. Mediacom customers don't agree that Mediacom doesn't cover most of Iowa and the world? I may be wrong on Iowa but surely not on the world part.

You have to pay for BTN+ separately. If you have Mediacom you can watch ISU wrestling included in your cable package

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Carver is the worst possible environment to pull the shirt in. I have no issue pulling the shirt, but Carver is the worst possible place to do it.
Why?

Mark Hall’s redshirt was pulled at Carver and he won NCAA that year.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
You have to pay for BTN+ separately. If you have Mediacom you can watch ISU wrestling included in your cable package

Yeah. That's exactly what I said in my post, and that most people don't have Mediacom. You have me completely confused right now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah. That's exactly what I said in my post, and that most people don't have Mediacom. You have me completely confused right now.

I didn't see you mention Mediacom at all. If you did I apologize. Mediacom is pretty big in Iowa though

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
This. Please do not. Or any other true frosh.

BTN Plus is internet only and you can watch the meet on it for for the monthly rate of $10. That's the same price most of the world (and Iowa) has to pay to watch Iowa and ISU wrestle in Ames so I'm confused at what Jamie was getting at.

To answer an earlier question, expect a MUCH better showing by our guys than this meet last year. I don't see a close meet. Iowa is good, even beat up. But we have improved and will keep improving.

Pretty sure I will not be able to watch it since I cannot watch any FOX or BTN live streaming in the UK, for any sport, even when using a VPN. But cyclonetv.com works everytime, and without a VPN.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I didn't see you mention Mediacom at all. If you did I apologize. Mediacom is pretty big in Iowa though

Mediacom is the only way to get it on TV. The point was that Mediacom is only available in specific places and homes. The majority of the potential viewers of the dual have to pay $10 and watch it online regardless of whether it's in IC or Ames. So again, his comments just don't make much sense to me.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Mediacom is the only way to get it on TV. The point was that Mediacom is only available in specific places and homes. The majority of the potential viewers of the dual have to pay $10 and watch it online regardless of whether it's in IC or Ames. So again, his comments just don't make much sense to me.

Mediacom is the 5th largest cable company in the country and is widely available in Iowa but OK

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

His comments were a swipe at LHN, it had everything to do with the Texas/ISU football game. It has nothing to do with Iowa or the BTN+. Those that think it does, think too highly of themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Mediacom is the 5th largest cable company in the country and is widely available in Iowa but OK

The Cyclone channel is only available in Iowa so nationwide info is irrelevant. A potential viewer outside the state has to pay the same in either case. Mediacom is available in Iowa but not everyone subscribes. It is no bigger than the 3rd largest TV provider in the state. Most people do not have it and again would have to pay to watch the dual, regardless.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The Cyclone channel is only available in Iowa so nationwide info is irrelevant. A potential viewer outside the state has to pay the same in either case. Mediacom is available in Iowa but not everyone subscribes. It is no bigger than the 3rd largest TV provider in the state. Most people do not have it and again would have to pay to watch the dual, regardless.

Unless a cable company carries BTN+ as part of their basic cable package you're comparing apples to oranges

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Unless a cable company carries BTN+ as part of their basic cable package you're comparing apples to oranges

Most people have to pay an $10 to watch the dual whether Iowa or ISU has broadcast rights. Thus I'm having trouble making sense out of JP's comment. How's that apples to oranges?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Most people have to pay an $10 to watch the dual whether Iowa or ISU has broadcast rights. Thus I'm having trouble making sense out of JP's comment. How's that apples to oranges?

Because you are confusing twins with JPs comments. JPs were directed at LHN, not iowa. Understand?

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
He won NCAAs that year. I’m sure he would say it was a great experience that got him ready to win a title.
I actually agree with you.... wow that was hard to say. I think some of these younger guys now are different. They've been on cadet and junior world teams and have wrestled everywhere. While it is the toughest place to wrestle, Young is still inexperienced also. Alex Meyer wasn't.

Reactions: crablegs

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I think Spencer wrestles. I think Lugo wrestles. I think Warner wrestles. I think we have winnable matches at 33,41,49,74,84,97, hwt.

If I had to go with tiers I would give Miklus the best shot even though he lost to Warner last year. Next tier would be Gomez, Degen, and Coleman, then 3rd tier would be Parker, Gremmel, and Colbray.

I'm ready to see how they perform!

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
He won NCAAs that year. I’m sure he would say it was a great experience that got him ready to win a title.

That's an apples to grapefruit comparison. Mark Hall also had close to two more months of time in the program, had wrestled in and won the scuffle, was rolling around in the room everyday with Retheford, Nolf, Joseph and Nickal, along with any number of Olympic hopefuls, and had the greatest folkstyle wrestler and coach of this generation in his corner. Maybe there was some benefit, but if I'm going through the reasons Mark Hall was ready to win a title his freshman year, a match in carver doesn't sit very high on the list.

David Carr is going to be a great wrestler and I think we have a good staff to coach him up but, he couldn't win the Nic Open a couple weeks ago and I don't think he's ready to wrestle in Carver. If I'm proven wrong I'll be beyond happy, but I'd rather wrestle somebody too late than too soon.