Iowa wrestling meet

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CySmitty

Jan 3, 2008
Longmont, CO
Let me preface this by saying I know almost nothing about wrestling but I'm trying. Why didn't Miklus get near fall points at the end of the match? One shoulder is down and the other is at a 45 degree angle. 10 more seconds and he might have a reversal but it still looks like he almost pinned the guy.

cyclonenation5

Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Let me preface this by saying I know almost nothing about wrestling but I'm trying. Why didn't Miklus get near fall points at the end of the match? One shoulder is down and the other is at a 45 degree angle. 10 more seconds and he might have a reversal but it still looks like he almost pinned the guy.

Smarter posters please correct me if I’m wrong, but the reversal has to come first. Need to be in control in order to receive backpoints, I believe.

Should he have had the reversal? Maybe...

Should Warner never have gotten his reversal in the first place, since it seemed like Miklus still had some control? Maybe...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Smarter posters please correct me if I’m wrong, but the reversal has to come first. Need to be in control in order to receive backpoints, I believe.

Should he have had the reversal? Maybe...

Should Warner never have gotten his reversal in the first place, since it seemed like Miklus still had some control? Maybe...

Back points need to come off control, but I think the potential back points happened before Warner got control; Miklus was still in control. The biggest contention I have is that nearly every time you see a flurry like that where control is questionable and it is very possible that there was a reversal; the ref will give an escape due to loss of control. What I feel should have happened here and sent it to OT to have it decided.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Gomez, Parker, Degen, Colbray and Miklus now ranked by most. I think Mackall and Coleman will be soon also.

I will let @GrappleCy put his ranking list together though

Reactions: HitItHard58

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I will let @GrappleCy put his ranking list together though
tenor.gif

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
When I first watched the match I thought it should be an easy 2+ (maybe a 3 count). However after watching it again and seeing pictures the shoulders wear off the mat with Young on his elbows. Young was also a little bit on top of Miklus. It was a tough call for sure that IMO could have easily resulted in points. I would have also awarded Mackall a 2pt takedown on the end of that match. Again, a tough call that could have gone either way. I'm sure the hawk fans can ID a few calls that went our way that I didn't even notice. LOL

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
When I first watched the match I thought it should be an easy 2+ (maybe a 3 count). However after watching it again and seeing pictures the shoulders wear off the mat with Young on his elbows. Young was also a little bit on top of Miklus. It was a tough call for sure that IMO could have easily resulted in points. I would have also awarded Mackall a 2pt takedown on the end of that match. Again, a tough call that could have gone either way. I'm sure the hawk fans can ID a few calls that went our way that I didn't even notice. LOL

Are we talking Warner/Miklus or Mackall/Lee or Young/Straw

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cyclonenation5

CySmitty

Jan 3, 2008
Longmont, CO
I was asking about Miklus/Warner and that what he was talking about. I watched a few more times and i think its strange that Warner got points just because it seems like no one is control seems mostly like chaos.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold