cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
giphy.gif

WITH PRACTICE!

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Many years ago I worked for a large plumbing wholesale company in the commercial quotes department. I have seen this issue before where people began to complain about this exact situation. The answer took awhile to discover, but eventually we did find out what was happening. Long story short, when the toilet was being created in the mold there were some imperfections. This in return caused massive turbulence when high pressure water was applied. The result is what you are experiencing. Bad news is we kept running into the same issue even though we put a new toilet in. (same model though) Finally the factory revealed to us that when toilets are being made and something goes wrong with the production process, many toilets are produced with this problem before quality control catches it. I believe we were on our 9th or 10th switch out before were able to finally find a model that did not have imperfections.
Good Luck!

And there we have it! Very interesting.

Daphne

Oct 22, 2018
Many years ago I worked for a large plumbing wholesale company in the commercial quotes department. I have seen this issue before where people began to complain about this exact situation. The answer took awhile to discover, but eventually we did find out what was happening. Long story short, when the toilet was being created in the mold there were some imperfections. This in return caused massive turbulence when high pressure water was applied. The result is what you are experiencing. Bad news is we kept running into the same issue even though we put a new toilet in. (same model though) Finally the factory revealed to us that when toilets are being made and something goes wrong with the production process, many toilets are produced with this problem before quality control catches it. I believe we were on our 9th or 10th switch out before were able to finally find a model that did not have imperfections.
Good Luck!
Thanks for your information! Such mistakes are funny tho, people keep inventing this and that, but they cannot fix such simple and basic thing. Or most people really don't care as much about the toilet splash, so they don't report it. Or they pretend they are blind and this is not happening...

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Ok, I just went to library first floor bathroom. Since it doesn't allow me to upload video, I'm uploading the screenshots of the video I recorded. First pic is before flushing, in order to make it easier to identity, I put some paper on the seat.

View attachment 59966

Second pic is during flushing, I had to step back because the splash was going crazy. And that's what I was talking earlier about how the splash can go to your face if you don't move quickly enough.
View attachment 59965

This one is after flushing, you can see the splash on the seat
View attachment 59963

The splash on right side of seat and even on the wall and floor.
View attachment 59967 View attachment 59968

Unfortunately, the splash went to my sweater just now, I'll have to wash it, which is very gross. You guys are making fun of this fact about campus toilet, I don't know whether you guys are so nasty that you just simply accept the drops jumping on you, or the school is too busy, so there's no time to notice this actually happened to you.

@ISU2 Your result is unfortunately not reliable. The new finding is that library first floor bathroom do splash on your face!!

One possibility is that the family toilet is more friendly. If this is the case, I urge @cowgirl836 to go check it out in women's bathroom.

LMFAO! This HAS to be possibly the oddest yet more funny things I have EVER seen posted on CF! This is going down as a legendary thread...

• Winner
Reactions: LindenCy

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Clearly this is a plant from a large commercial plumbing company in cahoots with BeachBum, another plant, in an effort to gain the next bid from our University. Very clever!

• Funny
Reactions: LindenCy and Daphne

80sClone

Dec 29, 2014
Glory hole day was opening of restrooms at Jack for summer painting. Summer job. Other than that was an awesome job. They were usually closed without cleaning after spring game. Some had been closed and not inspected since last fall game. You cant believe what we had to see and clean.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
You might be right. I guessed BDK earlier on, but as this has drawn out, maybe it is someone with slightly more on the ball.

BDK could not do this. Stays on task too well. However, it's definitely a fake. Note the attempts of "non-English-speaker" in their posts.

It's a good effort, @Daphne and you should be proud. Entertaining thread, would read again.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Actually what is the appropriate thing to do when you've purchased and received a batch of bad toilets? I've never purchased more than one at a time.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
BDK could not do this. Stays on task too well. However, it's definitely a fake. Note the attempts of "non-English-speaker" in their posts.

It's a good effort, @Daphne and you should be proud. Entertaining thread, would read again.
Yeah, the attempted accent is not authentic and also wanes and waxes. Trolololololololol.

Daphne

Oct 22, 2018

I somehow feel when people use words like definitely or must, they are actually quite unsure of what they are claiming.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Yeah the eastern European accent comes and goes