Texas game watch in Maui??

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
I got the same email back from Jamie. So far with the numbers that people have stated (I will be with a group of 10), I'm ball parking that we're at ~50 people looking right now. I think once we have a good idea of numbers some of these sports bars may be more prone to buying the package. Now if only we could get them to serve Busch Light!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If you have never been to Maui before, there are all kinds of places in Lahaina so hopefully you can find a place that has the LHN. Worst case if someone has a dish subscription that has the LHN and the app on your phone or mobile device maybe find somewhere you can plug in and stream it too? We stayed just up the road at Kaanapali when we were on our honeymoon 9 years ago and Lahaina seemed to be where we wound up most evenings for dinner or drinks so hopefully somewhere would be able to get the game.

On a side note, if you have never been to Maui I highly recommend researching some of the tours they have on the island. We took a van tour 1 day that took us up through the northern part of the island where it's mostly narrow 1 lane roads and not so "touristy." Got to stop and see a lot of the local stuff along the way that you might miss out on if you ventured out on your own. I hear the road to Hana is a fun day trip too, we kinda did the "cheaters" way of seeing that part of the island by going on a helicopter ride that took us over the waterfalls on the south part of the island and the Haleakala crater. Definitely a lot of things to do during your down time there, I can't wait to go back some day. Found that island way more laid back and fun than our stay in Honolulu at the end of our trip.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It’s probably going to be tough going finding a place in around Lahaina that hasn’t the Longhorn Network. You’d might have to make the 30-40 minute drive to Kahului at the BWW.

And yes, Hawaii doesn’t do DST, so it’ll be a four hour difference at that point, not five.

For people so desperate to figure it out, y’all seem to be avoiding the obvious answer.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
https://www.uber.com/

Sounds like y’all may be coming down to your last resort.

Lahaina is a tourist area through and through. You’re not going to get much of an option over there.

Uber from that side of the island would be a pretty penny based off what I've seen from the airport. My other option is watching with a fire stick with Ps vue. I don't really think we're coming up on last option given I've had a bar in lahaina tell me to give them a head count.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Uber from that side of the island would be a pretty penny based off what I've seen from the airport. My other option is watching with a fire stick with Ps vue. I don't really think we're coming up on last option given I've had a bar in lahaina tell me to give them a head count.

Haha, ok. What do I know about hawaii, anyway. Good luck to ya.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Ummm, what did I say that was wrong? That Uber would be expensive or that I'm lying that a bar is interested in hosting a game watch. Wasnt trying to argue with you...

I’ll be shocked if the bar follows through. Slightly better odds if the bar is owned by a very recent ex-mainlander. Like I said, good luck to ya! Hope you get to see the game. Go Clones!

Reactions: salennon07

reignofthetiger

Apr 24, 2010
Carmel, IN
Okay a bit of an update. I've been talking with Spankys Riptide on front street in lahaina. They do not currently get the channel.. But they have interest in paying for it to try and get a little game watch going. Nothings set yet they told me to reach back out to them a week from now. I told them I'd try to get an idea of how many people. Our group will have 10 there that Saturday.

If you're interested, please let me know and how many people you would have!

My wife and I will be at the Royal Lahaina and will join any game watch we can get started.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ll be shocked if the bar follows through.

giphy.gif

Sounds like someone is jealous they ain't going back to Hawaii. :p

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
I am in along with 3 others! I will be staying @ Westin. Just down the street from the Sheraton. We just need wifi and big screen tv and we are set!

Reactions: reignofthetiger

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Everyone, sounds like Spankys riptide is in for hosting the game watch for us! They said they are planning on ordering the channel tomorrow and will confirm back to me after they get it. I'll post all the details once we're 100 percent sure, but things are sounding like a go.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Okay guys, thanks for being patient as we were working this out. Spankys Riptide gave me the go ahead today to let people know they WILL be having the game on for us. We tried reaching out to multiple bars throughout this and they were the only ones that were super friendly and wanted to work with us. So I'm hoping we get a good turnout and give them some good business!

Their website and some other info below! Some other great news is they have a 2-6 happy hour so perfect timing for our game (3pm). If any other info comes up worth posting I'll respond in here, otherwise looking forward to seeing a group of isu fans half way accross the world!

http://www.spankysmaui.com

20181112_205833.jpg

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Okay guys, thanks for being patient as we were working this out. Spankys Riptide gave me the go ahead today to let people know they WILL be having the game on for us. We tried reaching out to multiple bars throughout this and they were the only ones that were super friendly and wanted to work with us. So I'm hoping we get a good turnout and give them some good business!

Their website and some other info below! Some other great news is they have a 2-6 happy hour so perfect timing for our game (3pm). If any other info comes up worth posting I'll respond in here, otherwise looking forward to seeing a group of isu fans half way accross the world!

http://www.spankysmaui.com

View attachment 59893

Thanks for running point on this. My wife and i are excited to cheer on Iowa State with a bunch of fellow Cyclones in Hawaii.