Texas game watch in Maui??

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
For those of us that will be making the trek to Hawaii for the Maui invitational, we got lucky in that the football game that Saturday before is a night game (5 hr time zone difference) so 2pm local time. However I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a place to watch given its on the longhorn network.

Wanted to post on here to see if we have any group of people that will be on Maui the Saturday before the tournament and if there was any interest in finding a bar that we can find with LHN.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
I'd be down! I don't think it being on LHN is that big of a deal since I am sure everyone out there is using satellite

Perfect, that is good to know - I'm not sure I have ever watched anything on LHN before so wasn't sure if most basic sports back have it included?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
What part of Maui? Was just in Lahaina last month. But drove all over the island.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
The tournament is in Lahaina - so would assume we would be able to meet up in that town as most should be staying somewhat in that vicinity. We will be just north on Kaanapali.

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010
I have a group of 4 that will be interested in getting together with Cyclone fans to watch this game. We are staying along Kaanapali beach. Also, since Hawaii time zone doesn't do daylight savings time wouldn't the game start at 3pm?

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Usually Cyclone network gets it (or some affiliation like that) so it will be on other things than just LHN.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
I have a group of 4 that will be interested in getting together with Cyclone fans to watch this game. We are staying along Kaanapali beach. Also, since Hawaii time zone doesn't do daylight savings time wouldn't the game start at 3pm?

Good call on the daylight savings time, I'm not 100% sure on that. We will have at least a group of 4 that will be there that Saturday. However a big chunk of our group won't get there until Sunday, so wasn't sure how many people on here that would be interested would be in Maui on Sat.

Anyone familiar with the area at all that has recommendation on sports bar? Otherwise i'll get on TripAdvisor when I get a chance and do some digging.

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010
Good call on the daylight savings time, I'm not 100% sure on that. We will have at least a group of 4 that will be there that Saturday. However a big chunk of our group won't get there until Sunday, so wasn't sure how many people on here that would be interested would be in Maui on Sat.

Anyone familiar with the area at all that has recommendation on sports bar? Otherwise i'll get on TripAdvisor when I get a chance and

Bumping this up as we only have a few weeks! Didn't' know if you or anybody else has planned anything yet so wanted to keep the conversation going.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
So, I have not had a ton of luck. I have reached out to Sheraton Maui (team hotel), Dirty Monkey, and Lahaina sports bar. All 3 have told me they do not get the LHN. I'm hoping someone with a few more connections might be able to help us get something setup?

AllN4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 8, 2010
Finding the LHN is going to be the key, I will also do some checking and will post any updates.

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Cross off Maui brewing as well, just got off the phone with them and they said they only have very basic channels with no additional packages! I'm going to be bringing a fire stick with Ps vue as a backup.. Not having any luck finding any bar.

B787

Hates Money
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2018
Usually Cyclone network gets it (or some affiliation like that) so it will be on other things than just LHN.
This game is exclusively on the LHN, which is why everyone is looking for somewhere that carries it. It’s not even going to be on cyclones.tv. It sucks even more as it’s looking more and more like this is going to be a huge game.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
It is possible they have LHN and not even know it. I would have the channel for dtv and dish ready to go just in case. Maybe let them know how many people you can get together or offer money for them to upgrade.

Reactions: salennon07

salennon07

Aug 4, 2016
Okay a bit of an update. I've been talking with Spankys Riptide on front street in lahaina. They do not currently get the channel.. But they have interest in paying for it to try and get a little game watch going. Nothings set yet they told me to reach back out to them a week from now. I told them I'd try to get an idea of how many people. Our group will have 10 there that Saturday.

If you're interested, please let me know and how many people you would have!

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Fly me out there and I'll pull it up on my laptop for everyone to watch

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron