*** Official Missouri VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I thought we would win by 10. They taught me not to be so pessimistic.

Great win overall. You could really see them become more comfortable and confident as the game went on. Definitely plenty of talent to go around on this team.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
That was a great effort by that group. Forcing 25 turnovers against a Power 5 squad is impressive. Totally shocked but it was well worth the money lost on Mizzou +8 tonight. Tip of the hat to Coach Prohm as well.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
These refs have been awful, both ways. Super chippy, and quite a few phantom calls to boot. It’s given the game an atrocious lack of pace, but I suppose it’s allowed our freshman to save their breath. And we’re up. So oh well, onto the next.

I look forward to an officiating score provided by @brentblum.
Man, I hate to tell you, but if you thought that was awful, you have pretty high expectations. Wasn’t great, but sometimes the fouls dictate the pace and they need called.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Man, I hate to tell you, but if you thought that was awful, you have pretty high expectations. Wasn’t great, but sometimes the fouls dictate the pace and they need called.

Blum, how would you rate this performance by the Cyclones?

I think I’m giving it a 9.5/10

Reactions: brentblum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought it was just me that didn't know what he was talking about. :D

Sharon got called for a foul, and Prohm told them (him/her) to play defense instead of fouling, but not like Bob Knight thankfully, but also not in a way that would make one believe he has passion.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Texas losing to Arkansas. I don't know what that actually means, but it's happening.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I kind of assumed that Haliburton wouldn't get a lot of PT this year. Defense, court awareness, shooting -- all are better than I imagined. He barely came out of that game.

The pairing with Nick in the backcourt was quite effective (8 assists and no turnovers).

Nick had 6 ASST and no TO's -- hmm. Who does that remind me of?

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Hopefully Wigginton isn't out too long. He would have had a heyday with how they guarded the perimeter. They gave us so many open shots and their close outs were not good giving us driving opportunities (Wigginton's specialty). Hope we get good news on his health soon.