Anyone else care to do the power ranking this Sunday?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This is a brutal exercise for me. But here:

1. OU - not sure how they lost to the cows
  2. ISU - you're on the cusp, boys
  3. WVU - probably one too high
  4. UT - probably one too low
  5. TxT - officially cryin'
for the bottom half, put 'em in a hat, shake and see how they fall out 'cause I haven't a clue and no one else cares.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
OU -- the defense might actually be okay now
ISU -- coming for you like the killer in a slasher movie
WVU -- still has most of its moxie left
TTU -- Kliff is perfect (not good enough to win, not bad enough to get fired)
OSU -- pretty good for a notionally rebuilding year
Texas -- Texas suckssss Texas succkkkssss
TCU -- really getting to the bottom of the barrel here
Baylor -- don't look, you'll go blind
Kansas State -- I think this really is the end for ole Bill
Kansas -- beating a collapsing TCU squad was... nice?

Reactions: TykeClone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s clear the recruiting in this conference is OU and UT, followed by a big gap and then several bunched together.

OU- Murray is the best player in the country combined with one of the best OCs. Fired Stoops several years too late.

UT- should have enough talent to overcome Herman’s coaching and win a lot of close games

ISU- if special teams and the offense were more reliable, could be the top team in the conference. With Butler, DM, Kene, and Purdy the talent is there. At times we’re a square peg in a round hole.

WVU- Above average talent with good coaching. Their offense should keep them in most games and their defense is good enough

TT- WVU with a young coach.

Ok St- Should be higher and Gundy is still one of the best. When their OL plays well their offense can beat anyone but OU.

KSU- Snyder is hanging on to the 70s. Anyone not name OU will have trouble as they can play keep away with a good OL and running back.

Baylor- A tough out, assuming their QBs don’t go 1-8 with 3 INTs

TCU- That 3rd quarter of the OSU game exemplifies TCU.

KU- ****, if not for that Nichols St loss, Adidas may be extending Beaty. Most talented KU team in a decade.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If you're basing it off the entire season, yes, KU is probably at the bottom.

However, if you go by how each team is playing RIGHT NOW.... KU could arguably be put ahead of KSU, Baylor, and TCU IMO. I'm not necessarily saying they should be, but an argument could be made.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wonder what the coaching approach has been for OU's defense.

I'd think giving them some freedom would help since the speed is already there.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If you're basing it off the entire season, yes, KU is probably at the bottom.

Eh, KU had one good game, but they have been losing handily to most others in the middle of the big 12, and will probably get blown out in 3 of their final 4 games (ISU\KSU\OU\UT). Id be willing to put them above TCU this week, but only if we're putting TCU at the bottom.

Baylor might be a little better than their record, there's not a lot of data in how they've played the middle. they've played KU\KSU on the bottom, and UT, WV, and OU on the top. No real data in the middle

KSU is about on par with Baylor- lost slightly to Baylor but they beat OSU, and otherwise they share the same losses- getting beat soundly by UT\WV\OU.

I'd go

OU
ISU
Texas
WV
OSU
TTU
Baylor
Kansas State
Kansas
TCU

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This may be crazy talk, but I would put KU above TCU at this point. TCU has too many injuries and other issues that are plaguing them, & I think the loss vs KU will result in a continued slide for the rest of the season.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
My only contribution is that WV is better than UT. Outside of that: OU is at the top, then WV ISU UT in some order, then OSU & Tech in some order, and Baylor, U of K, & KSU at the bottom in some order.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Currently
OU
ISU
WVU
UT
TTU
OSU
BU
TCU
KSU
KU

Im rooting for TCU to win at Baylor and home vs okie to help ISU's perception but thats probably not feasible.

Last edited:

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Currently
OU
ISU
WVU
UT
OSU
BU
TCU
KSU
KU

Im rooting for TCU to win at Baylor and home vs okie to help ISU's perception but thats probably not feasible.
As an ISU fan are we rooting for OU or Tech?