What's up With OSU?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Their QB be bad.

I don't know if he's bad, but he's a different kind of qb than they're used to playing with. Maybe it's a style issue.

Edit

And their defense isn't good either. Offense probably masked some of that in years past.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I would say the D is putrid. The qb isn't terrible.
He’s definitely not having a good year. Against us he had one of his better games. Their D is putrid, but their offense has also been putrid once they started playing teams with a pulse

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Did they say in thr telecast that they've had 3 or 4 straight ten win seasons? Hard to feel sorry for them.
I actually don't mind OSU. I REALLY wanted OSU to win today because I want KSU to not even be close to being bowl eligible when they play us. If they have 5 wins when they come into JT, we will need to be about 28 points better than them so that the frickin' refs cannot snatch victory away from us like they did last year. We really need for the rest of the conference teams to kick the Wildcats' arses. That, unfortunately, has been historically hard to do - 'cuz the Wizard seems to always pull a rabbit out of their rears & finish strong.

I wonder if Gundy's consideration of other job offers (Tennessee, for instance) during the off-season has had some overall negative effect on the team (recruiting, team unity, etc)? Also, one must consider that they do not have a very good D and they had to replace an elite QB in Mason Rudolph this year. But I did NOT think that they would get taken to the woodshed in the second half of the game today.

But ultimately I lay full blame on Chris Williams for this loss - he was the one on the CR Radio Show saying that we could "stick a fork" into Bill Snyder's program this year - and then predicted a big win by the Cowboys. Too soon, Chris! Too soon!!!

• Agree
Reactions: LincolnWay187

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Snyder beat them in Stillwater last year when they were really good. I think he has the mullet's pistols and holster hidden in the den.

Like always, K-State improves as the year progresses. Like your squad last night, a huge difference from that game at Iowa City.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: awd4cy and MWB76

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Snyder beat them in Stillwater last year when they were really good. I think he has the mullet's pistols and holster hidden in the den.

Like always, K-State improves as the year progresses. Like your squad last night, a huge difference from that game at Iowa City.

Power ranking this morning is tough, but here:

1. Texas - maybe
  2. OU - will be interesting to see without Mike
  3. ISU - impressive in black
  4. WVU - peed their britches
  5. TxT - KK is doing it now
  6. BU - a handful
  7. TCU - a stupor
  8. K-State - ah, better
  9. oSu - fire da coach
  10. Ku - fired a coach

That game in Iowa City three weeks ago, at least according to the announcers.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA

Power ranking this morning is tough, but here:

1. Texas - maybe
  2. OU - will be interesting to see without Mike
  3. ISU - impressive in black
  4. WVU - peed their britches
  5. TxT - KK is doing it now
  6. BU - a handful
  7. TCU - a stupor
  8. K-State - ah, better
  9. oSu - fire da coach
  10. Ku - fired a coach

That game in Iowa City three weeks ago, at least according to the announcers.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
OSU has been so used to winning 9 or 10 games, I think this year they are seeing that they are going to struggle to win 6. That's deflating, and the level of effort by players AND coaches is probably lower due to their disappointment. And low effort won't do in this conference at all, not at all.

Their top WR quit to transfer didn't he? That's a sign of DGAF syndrome.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

I need to see another game before I can start to believe KSU is really improving.