Expectations for 2018-2019

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
All basketball heights are listed with shoes on. If you are 6'3.75" barefoot than yes you are an inch taller than him
JFC. They measure shoes on/shoes off. Shoes can and do have different sole heights. For that very reason they measure shoes off and damn near everyone knows that is the 'legit' measurement when doing actual comparisons.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
JFC. They measure shoes on/shoes off. Shoes can and do have different sole heights. For that very reason they measure shoes off and damn near everyone knows that is the 'legit' measurement when doing actual comparisons.

I'm aware. Our players heights with shoes on are legit, that's all I'm saying

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I'm aware. Our players heights with shoes on are legit, that's all I'm saying

I'm telling you... They measure with shoes off and then add 2" in almost all cases*. At least way back in the Tim Floyd days... The measuring tape setup allows for it...

*shorter players often get a larger boost, where players around the 7' mark might not get any at all.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'm telling you... They measure with shoes off and then add 2" in almost all cases*. At least way back in the Tim Floyd days... The measuring tape setup allows for it...

*shorter players often get a larger boost, where players around the 7' mark might not get any at all.

They measure with shoes on and round up if you're at half an inch or higher. Someone asked them on Twitter not that long ago and that's what they said they do

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Anyways... I think the expectations from various outlets are fair assessments. My expectations are for an 8-9 seed come March due to tough conference play.

Reactions: isutrevman

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Anyways... I think the expectations from various outlets are fair assessments. My expectations are for an 8-9 seed come March due to tough conference play.

We are projected as the VERY LAST team to be "safe" right now...

upload_2018-9-20_10-40-34.png

...and just avoiding the dreaded PIG in Dayton.

Fun note --

They project us as the #33 team in the country and Iowa as #38.

Nonetheless, they have a better chance of making the tournament for beating up on an easier non-con and conference schedule, while we have to go through a gauntlet.

That game in Iowa City will be big for both sides in terms of making the tournament and seeding.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
I'm a legit 6'8" and he was shorter than me at fan fest

Just like that photo where he was standing with his feet way out past his shoulders and was shorter than another one of our 6'5" players, lmao.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
We are projected as the VERY LAST team to be "safe" right now...

View attachment 58191

...and just avoiding the dreaded PIG in Dayton.

Fun note --

They project us as the #33 team in the country and Iowa as #38.

Nonetheless, they have a better chance of making the tournament for beating up on an easier non-con and conference schedule, while we have to go through a gauntlet.

That game in Iowa City will be big for both sides in terms of making the tournament and seeding.

If things go poorly in New York for Ty Cook and the Mid Majors, the CyHawk game is pretty much a must win

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If things go poorly in New York for Ty Cook and the Mid Majors, the CyHawk game is pretty much a must win

They have the line at +4.1 Iowa and a final score of 85-81 right now.

I know we like making fun of Iowa on here, and while their defense is likely to stink again, they do have plenty of guys who are able to score in bunches.

I have a hunch that one will be a battle and a game of rocket tag.

A win in a true road game -- the only one we are playing next season before the conference slate, then Mississippi later on -- against a team that might end up being decent would look good to the committee. I would really like to have it for the seeding possibilities alone even before you add in the obvious **** Iowa factor. Winning in Iowa City is what is best in life.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
They have the line at +4.1 Iowa and a final score of 85-81 right now.

I know we like making fun of Iowa on here, and while their defense is likely to stink again, they do have plenty of guys who are able to score in bunches.

I have a hunch that one will be a battle and a game of rocket tag.

A win in a true road game -- the only one we are playing next season before the conference slate, then Mississippi later on -- against a team that might end up being decent would look good to the committee. I would really like to have it for the seeding possibilities alone even before you add in the obvious **** Iowa factor. Winning in Iowa City is what is best in life.

Right, I think the spread will be pretty close to even when we get to that point actually. I was saying from Iowa's perspective if things don't go well in NYC that game is their only other opportunity for a non-conference win. The Big Ten likely can't be as bad as it was last year, but if Iowa goes 0-3 in that stretch, you're going to need a lot of quality wins in conference with not so many opportunities.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Right, I think the spread will be pretty close to even when we get to that point actually. I was saying from Iowa's perspective if things don't go well in NYC that game is their only other opportunity for a non-conference win. The Big Ten likely can't be as bad as it was last year, but if Iowa goes 0-3 in that stretch, you're going to need a lot of quality wins in conference with not so many opportunities.

They have Oregon to start. The magic website gives then a 32% chance to win. I have a friend from Portland who is an Oregon homer who swears they are going to win the Pac-12, which might actually be realistic given their roster right now.

The site has them as the #9 team in the country. That will be a hard one for Herky. I know Iowa can score, but 32% and a -5.2 spread feels slightly generous.

After that, they get either Syracuse or Connecticut. Syracuse is likely a Top 25 team, while UConn is definitely winnable for them, but not a gimme.

Yeah, they might need a W over ISU at that point. Wounded animals can be dangerous.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Just like that photo where he was standing with his feet way out past his shoulders and was shorter than another one of our 6'5" players, lmao.

Come measure me if you want - in Ames

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron