Kinnick north end zone renovation

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Lol at Iowa State fans saying the renovation looks ugly. Every single fan in America (other than some of you, apparently) would prefer Iowa’s renovation to having a scoreboard that looks like an exit sign on I-35.
I haven't said it's ugly. :)
However, "a scoreboard that looks like an exit sign on I-35"? You've trotted that one out a couple of times now. Is that really the best you can come up with? Oy...

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
I think when finished the NEZ at Kinnick will make the stadium louder (which isn't saying much) and will be a cool feature for people with the money to use it but you can't deny it looks pretty terrible from pictures

Kinnick is already crazy loud for big games. I agree that the new EZ is going to make it deafening.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: breck53 and JP4CY

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I'll bet if they asked nicely, UNI would let them use their dome...
If they postpone the game to a later date (bye week) would they claim their players suspensions were for 1 week instead of 1 game? So they wouldn’t miss week 2. or would they say they are suspended for the N. Illinois game and they will miss their would be bye week? I don’t think the game will be postponed as long as they don’t get more than 1/8” of rain :p, but I am honestly curious how that would work

• Creative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm sure I'll get twelve different answers here, but I'm curious. I've seen somewhere that this picture is 'shopped, don't remember where. But thricehawk appears to be saying that the bubbling football shapes were intentionally formed to protect the pumps. So which is it? A funny photoshop, or thricehawk flinging crap and hoping some of it sticks?

oh hey

40337731_10155842727852709_5165106474505994240_n.jpg

There was flash flooding in Iowa City and 82mph winds by the stadium, I don't think anyone would be playing. The field was drained within 30-45 minutes. The bubbling process is actually a way of reducing stress on the pumps by pushing excess air under the surface of the grid.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kinnick is already crazy loud for big games. I agree that the new EZ is going to make it deafening.
For big games? So 1, maybe 2 a year?

And I've been to Kinnick numerous times. I'm up to about 15 NCAA stadiums. The loudest, and weirdest stadium I've been to is aTm. How many have you been to?

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
"I know that the stadium experience is lacking but this team needs your support - do it on your own." - Brian Ferentz

Lololol. That tweet actually proves my point. That was in reference to the advertisements, poor music selection, etc. It had nothing to do with the fans.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron