Kinnick north end zone renovation

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
For the people who don't believe the construction has anything do with the flooding why has Iowa's field never done that before and honestly why do you even care that the construction is what caused it? I know someone who works with the Gage Brothers so I sure think they would know what caused it

It has flooded in the past. The when it was real grass maybe 10-12 years ago it flooded the morning of the ISU game. The field was a mess that day. When the put the field turf in it was suppose to solve that problem. Who know how often it flooded before, you could never see the field, but with the hospital overlooking it you can see it now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
They absolutely are, that doesn't dimish Iowa's accomplishments and atmosphere. You conveniently left out the part about much higher attendance and revenue at that percentage as well.

For all those accomplishments why is Brian Ferentz tweeting talking about how the atmosphere in your stadium is lacking?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It has flooded in the past. The when it was real grass maybe 10-12 years ago it flooded the morning of the ISU game. The field was a mess that day. When the put the field turf in it was suppose to solve that problem. Who know how often it flooded before, you could never see the field, but with the hospital overlooking it you can see it now.

That dumpy fake turf hasn't flooded yet until now though right? And they've certainly gotten that much rain in the past. Like I said, it's because of the construction project

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
That dumpy fake turf hasn't flooded yet until now though right? And they've certainly gotten that much rain in the past. Like I said, it's because of the construction project

How does anyone outside that athletic dept know? I don't think the public has ever been able to see into the stadium until the new wing of the clinic was done.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How does anyone outside that athletic dept know? I don't think the public has ever been able to see into the stadium until the new wing of the clinic was done.

When was the new wing of the clinic completed? Certainly they have had two inches of rain between then and now many times

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Why not? They treat that team like they are Alabama. I bet it is fantastic for tailgating.

No clue, never been there.

Out of the listed,

I have been to WVU, TCU, Oklahoma, Tech, & Iowa.

It's pretty laughable that Nebraska isn't on the list.

I'd go Nebraska over any of them (even though they are my most hated team in CFB).

Also TCU over Oklahoma is asinine.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Out of the listed,

I'd go Nebraska over any of them (even though they are my most hated team in CFB).

Nebraska tailgating is pretty awesome even though they don't have a rival

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Out of the listed,

Also TCU over Oklahoma is asinine.

You should get a job with 247 and put a list together. Problem solved.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
When was the new wing of the clinic completed? Certainly they have had two inches of rain between then and now many times

It hasn't been open that long. Few years maybe. They may not have had a rain event like the one the other night in that time frame.