This is worse than public intox...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does the U of I own those scooters? Many companies have a zero tolerancing policy on driving a company vehicle after drinking, this could fall into that.
I'd highly doubt it. I have seen a few stores in IC.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
missed the part about it being on a scooter. Is the athletic dept supplying these things? Wtf

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
And unsurprisingly, ferentz only gives Wirfs a one game suspension. I guess in his world trying to get home safely (and failing with funny results) deserves the same level of punishment as driving a scooter with two other people on it while you have a .129 BAC

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...ristan-wirfs-suspension-owi-arrest/871068002/

After the Reiff suspension if though for sure that Wirfs would get two games. Glad he didnt so there will be less excuses when we kick Iowa's ass.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
What has Ferentz done in the past in these situatons? Has first offense normally been 2 games?

Well, each situation is different. But what I would say is that it seems like KF would understand that DUI would be a more serious offense than public intox and pulling on cop car door handles, for which he doled out a 1 game suspension.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
If the second game on the schedule had been any non-con opponent other than Iowa State he would have gotten 2 games.

What has Ferentz done in the past in these situatons? Has first offense normally been 2 games?

Only 1 first offense OWI has ever resulted in a 2 game suspension under KF and that was given to Shaun Prater.

The reason he got the extra game is he told the cop that pulled him over the bartender must have put alcohol in his pop. Im guessing KF wasnt amused with that excuse.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Only 1 first offense OWI has ever resulted in a 2 game suspension under KF and that was given to Shaun Prater.

The reason he got the extra game is he told the cop that pulled him over the bartender must have put alcohol in his pop. Im guessing KF wasnt amused with that excuse.
Nope. Kirk is pissed that it made folks nationally laugh. It isn’t about behavior standards. It is all about public opinion. In no way shape or form can you discount the impact of the second game opponent. I will even concede it may have been same thing if it was Isu player and Campbell was dolling out the punishment. After Adrian’s pummeling of the taxi driver I must confess Kirk is not one of those guys that blows me away with his integrity.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

I would guess he wasnt amused with having 3 people on a moped either

• Agree
Reactions: YeahBuddy

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
That moped was hauling around 500+ lbs......pretty amazed by that.

twins.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Help Support Us

Become a patron