Seriously? Do we have to hear this every year?

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
Does anyone see this as a blow out against the Cyclones? I've been listening to KXNO for the past couple hours and everyone is saying ISU loses and possibly even gets shut out. They are saying that we have no shot in the trenches and will get beat badly. To me it seems like I hear the same crap every year but it's still really firing me up.

Personally, I like this team. I know that our lines haven't looked great the passed couple weeks but we are 2-0. Why absolutely no respect? I just don't get it. I'm not saying we'll win but get blown out? Won't score a point? Come on.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
It's because Maine and FIU are better than the entire Big XII save Texas and OU. Or is it just a few people that believe that?

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
You're surprised Hawk fans think they have a far superior team every year? Obviously you have just moved to Earth from Mars. :wink:

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
Hang in there. We'll be the ones who are laughing at around 2pm on Saturday, Sept. 13. It's going to be fun listening to the meltdown on Soundoff for 7 hours that night.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
It's simple. 75% of Hawk fans are idiots

They don't get that they have played the worst 2 game stretch in the country. Maine and FIU are horrid

BEACHBUM

Oct 23, 2006
Des Moines
I will give the hawk fans this much, finally they are admitting that this game has started to become their "Super Bowl" also. I guess they do not have a choice really since they can no longer pretend that they belong at the same level with OSU, MU, PSU and WI. Not trying to bash hardcore on the Hawks. ISU has lightyears to go too. It is just about time that they finally admit that this game is looked at as a big deal

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Hang in there. We'll be the ones who are laughing at around 2pm on Saturday, Sept. 13. It's going to be fun listening to the meltdown on Soundoff for 7 hours that night.

Soundoff after a Cyclone win in this game is "destination radio" - mmmm, soooo good! :cute:

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Yes we have to listen to this every year. No matter what. I think somebody mentioned that EIU has been favored something like 25 times in a row over ISU. Don't let it bother you. It makes our victories mean more. What all these idiots don' t know, is this really motivates our players, and I mean really motivates them. They have this us against the world thing brewing. Very easy to get your player's attention under those circumstances.

What I like is these people are underestimating Chizik too. From what I have seen and what I know, this guy absolutely hates losing with every fiber in his body. I guarantee he is very motivated also, and doesn't like his team getting slighted like they are.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Does anyone see this as a blow out against the Cyclones? I've been listening to KXNO for the past couple hours and everyone is saying ISU loses and possibly even gets shut out. They are saying that we have no shot in the trenches and will get beat badly. To me it seems like I hear the same crap every year but it's still really firing me up.

Personally, I like this team. I know that our lines haven't looked great the passed couple weeks but we are 2-0. Why absolutely no respect? I just don't get it. I'm not saying we'll win but get blown out? Won't score a point? Come on.

Marty and Miller were going on about this. Miller especially. How weak our line looked and how we would get trounced on both sides of the ball because of it. They both failed to realize we have only given up one or two sacks and the 200+ yards we racked up on the ground in our opener.

Same crap, different year. While they have a point, and I think we will struggle on the line on both sides, they're going overkill for the sake of getting listeners.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
It's the same thing every year. We'll hear about how Iowa has better players, how they're going to beat us easily, how the Hawks are taking the game seriously (as if they didn't in the past), etc. etc.

Then after we have a "surprising" victory, the same people will talk about how they didn't see it coming, how Iowa came out flat, and they won't give ISU any credit for the win. It will be about how Iowa lost, not how ISU won, just like it is every year.

Reactions: EggMcClone

skelly

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2006
The Dark Hemisphere of Eternia
I believe Marty said he'd heard from a respected unnamed source that the Cyclones would get shut out. I believe he has an unnamed source like I believe in Ferentz being God and Drew Tate being Jesus, as a Hawk fan once told me. That was before Tim Dobbins started handing out concussions.

Last edited:

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Iowa first two opponents were as good as ISU, at least ISUs third string. There is no guarantee that the Hawks will not beat ISU, but if Hawk fans are basing these claims of a blowout on what happened the first two weeks, they are in for a rude awakening. SDSU is light year better than Maine and FIU. Check out how the powerful black bears faired last weekend. FIU, well I didn't believe they were the worst team in the country until I watch 10 minutes of the Iowa game.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
The 13.5 point spread for this game is the worst thing that could have happened for the Hawkeyes. Our team and coaches will be so fired up that the Hawkeyes will implode once again.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
Marty and Miller were going on about this. Miller especially. How weak our line looked and how we would get trounced on both sides of the ball because of it. They both failed to realize we have only given up one or two sacks and the 200+ yards we racked up on the ground in our opener.

Same crap, different year. While they have a point, and I think we will struggle on the line on both sides, they're going overkill for the sake of getting listeners.

QFT. This is what Marty and Miller do, make an outrageous statement based on a small amount of truth to goad people into calling into their show.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
I believe Marty said he'd heard from a respected unnamed source that the Cyclones would get shut out. I believe he has an unnamed source like I believe in Ferentz being God and Drew Tate being Jesus, as a Hawk fan once told me. That was before Tim Dobbins busted Tate's head.

What, you didn't know Kirk Ferentz is the second coming? KF=JC²

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I didn't hear exactly what Marty and Miller said, but it is not outrageous to say that we've looked awful in the trenches.

jberryma

Oct 5, 2006
I didn't hear exactly what Marty and Miller said, but it is not outrageous to say that we've looked awful in the trenches.

That's not what I said. I agreed our lines could have played better. And it wasn't just Marty and Miller. All I've heard on KXNO was that basically we stand no shot, that we're going to get dominated in the trenches and get blown out, even possibly shut out.