Seriously? Do we have to hear this every year?

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Yes, we have to hear it every year from hawk fans. They have decades of football superiority ingrained in their minds. That makes it even better when we win - they really care about this game. Always have. It kills them when they lose, even if they won't admit it.

ps. I don't listen to Marty and Miller - in fact I've never heard them. The obvious question, since I see you guys complain about every week about them - Why do you listen? Are you really that bored? You've got nothing better to do with your lives but complain about a smalltime radio show? You must realize that all your publicity does is help their show earn money. If you really want them gone, just turn it off. Forever.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
There is no use to listening to hawk homer JM or M&M this week. JM because he is such a homer that all objectivity leaves his cranium for the entire week and with both shows objectivity takes a back seat to shock and awe radio in order to get callers. I don't need any help getting my blood boiling without listening to these qwacks during this week, but I will be happy to listen to all the excuse making after we deliver an epic *** beating that will once again cause EIU to bring in counselors for the suicide watch that happens starting Sat at 2pm. I can't wait to listen to the excuses Tirrel and the Miller's come up with. Until then, they are zoned out.....

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I can't wait to listen to the excuses Tirrel and the Miller's come up with. Until then, they are zoned out.....

Marty has picked the game both ways so no matter what he will be right and brag about it. I agree M&M is getting old. Its always the same old stuff and same old fights. Miller is Miller and Hawk fans will listen in droves as long as he breaks down the hawks 5 deep weekly and rips on the Cyclones.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Ken Millers big thing was that if the line can't get a push for ISU to gain a foot twice in one series against a team like Kent State, then it is hard to have a lot of faith in the O line against Iowa.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Ken Millers big thing was that if the line can't get a push for ISU to gain a foot twice in one series against a team like Kent State, then it is hard to have a lot of faith in the O line against Iowa.

Were Ken or Marty even at the Kent St game? Sure the backs didnt get huge yards, but holes were there the backs just didnt see them.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I didn't hear that much of the show but Ken made it sound like he was there.

I know Marty was at the 1st game, because he was sitting 5 rows ahead of us during the 1st quarter. He got up at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and we never saw him again. I thought that was strange.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
I didn't hear that much of the show but Ken made it sound like he was there.

I know Marty was at the 1st game, because he was sitting 5 rows ahead of us during the 1st quarter. He got up at the beginning of the 2nd quarter and we never saw him again. I thought that was strange.

Someone told me that Marty said on the air that he left at halftime, but if he got up in the 2nd quarter, it seems like he was lying... BIG surprise there lol

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
There is a reason their ratings are less than stellar. While I still occasionally listen to their show...the quality has really gone down.

Marty's "shock" radio is wearing thing with people.

Lately its sounded like they want to be a national radio show and talk about national issues we already get beat over the head with on TV and on national talk radio with Dan Patrick, Rome, Mike and Mike, Cowherd, Tirrico/Van Pelt, etc, etc.

I'm not sure that could be true. KXNO is up for a Marconi for best sports station, Des Moines' Sports Station - 1460 KXNO. If you aren't such a homer like me, you kind of get a kick out of listening to Jon and M&M. Now I can't stand listening to Jon during this week, but most of the time I do enjoy him. One of the Ms loves ISU for the most part. Now his allegiance changes as soon as the wind blows, but so what. Cotlar must bring in good interviews, I never have listened to his show.

All I'm saying is that they do pretty good full coverage of sports and get good interviews. They must be doing better than we all think to have an honor like this. I'm sure somebody will point out that a nomination is as easy as beating the hawks...

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Does anyone see this as a blow out against the Cyclones? I've been listening to KXNO for the past couple hours and everyone is saying ISU loses and possibly even gets shut out. They are saying that we have no shot in the trenches and will get beat badly. To me it seems like I hear the same crap every year but it's still really firing me up.

Personally, I like this team. I know that our lines haven't looked great the passed couple weeks but we are 2-0. Why absolutely no respect? I just don't get it. I'm not saying we'll win but get blown out? Won't score a point? Come on.

I like it when they say crap like that, gives us good bulletin board material. Makes it all that much sweeter when we win.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I listen a little bit but I preferred when Deace was one. Since they are the only game in town that covers local sports, we don't have much choice. It's kind of like saying that Holmes Honda is the best dealer in town......if you want a Honda.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
You know, perhaps this annual occurance is the underlying cause of the Super Bowl theory. Perhaps as the actual teams are concerned neither one puts more emphasis on this game than the other. ISU doesn't prepare more than usual for the game, and Iowa doesn't prepare any less.

However, game week comes around and Hawk fans and their pals in the media all start running their mouths about another hawk blowout, even though ISU has had the upper hand in the series for a decade. After hearing all this stuff day after day, it wouldn't be shocking at all to think that it may have some effect on the players. The hawks may be lulled into thinking they can just go through the motions and win comfortably while the Clones feel disrespected and come out with a lot of fire as if they have something to prove.

Thus, you have an iowa team that lacks passion and looks unprepared and a Clone squad that comes out inspired and plays better football than usual. Thus creating the Clone Super Bowl effect. But while the hawk fans are convinced it is something the ISU staff is doing to magically cost iowa the game every year because the Clones aren't good enough to accomplish anything else of meaning, it is actually a result of the cockiness of the very fanbase that wants to use it as an excuse. Now wouldn't that be ironic.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Iowa shuts out Iowa State sez kxno...boys please...thats just crap radio pandering to its core audience: Iowa Squawkeye Fans