BIG 10 CONSIDERING GOING BACK TO 8 CONFERENCE GAMES

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
The Big Ten and SEC are absolutely shameless when it comes to money grabs and obvious ploys to artificially boost the strength of the conference. We can puff our chests about the round robin, but in football, it puts us at a disadvantage. I don't know what the solution is, but it gets tiring having to listen to how good the Big Ten is when their conference matchups are between two teams with obviously inflated records.
Inflated records!? The Big10 has historically been so good top to bottom the cumulative in-conference record rarely surpasses .500.

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
More quotes from Moos at Nebby.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article211669084.html

Like the comment about the fans being interested in playing former Big 8 members. Hmm, if only there had been a way to have those schools on your sideline every year, how great that could be!

Also love how he talks about playing KU, KSU, Mizzou and then admits they would probably stay away from OU. Why would that be? OU is their traditional rival from the Big 8. I suppose it is because it is a longer road trip for fans than going to Lawrence.

Screw Nebraska. They can rot away in the B1G. I hope the remaining B12 schools tell them to pound sand.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Interesting tidbit.

Since the playoff has been implemented every p5 conference that had a 8 game schedule sent their conference champ to the playoffs

Those that played 9 were 4 out of ten.

Interesting....maybe pretty soon they'll get rid of the conference champ games*.

*not serious. Kind of.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
No Big 12 team should ever play Nebraska, in any sport. They were the first school to leave the Big 12, causing the domino effect of three other schools leaving, because the crybabies weren't getting their way. Many NE fans I know hope and pray for the demise of the Big 12.

It's disappointing that Oklahoma has a home-and-home football series set up with them soon.

Nubby was the first to leave, however Missouri started the ball rolling due to open campaigning the B1G, which was the first domino for the B1G to look at Nebby and Nebby be looking elsewhere. I'm not defending Nebby, however remember that Missouri is the #1 POS of the traitors.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan93

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nubby was the first to leave, however Missouri started the ball rolling due to open campaigning the B1G, which was the first domino for the B1G to look at Nebby and Nebby be looking elsewhere. I'm not defending Nebby, however remember that Missouri is the #1 POS of the traitors.
I would like to see ISU schedule a game with Missouri for the Telephone Trophy and ISU win it back and then promptly tell them to go **** themselves, we are never playing them again.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If they don’t realign the teams again, how does it make it easier for the big ten top teams? They are still all on the same side.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Will agree. Guess I meant teams that are considered to be the conference blue bloods. I would put those as Michigan, OSU and penn state.
True....don't know who could be moved from those 3 because of geography and the OSU/mICH rivalry.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
More quotes from Moos at Nebby.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article211669084.html

Like the comment about the fans being interested in playing former Big 8 members. Hmm, if only there had been a way to have those schools on your sideline every year, how great that could be!

Also love how he talks about playing KU, KSU, Mizzou and then admits they would probably stay away from OU. Why would that be? OU is their traditional rival from the Big 8. I suppose it is because it is a longer road trip for fans than going to Lawrence.

Screw Nebraska. They can rot away in the B1G. I hope the remaining B12 schools tell them to pound sand.

Agreed. Screw Nebraska.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
True....don't know who could be moved from those 3 because of geography and the OSU/mICH rivalry.

**** rivalry tradition. I love how the B1G has preached tradition and the turns around and whores themselves out to Rutgers for a TV market that doesn't even exist...

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
**** rivalry tradition. I love how the B1G has preached tradition and the turns around and whores themselves out to Rutgers for a TV market that doesn't even exist...
Didn't like the Rutgers addition...

That said they aren't going to mess with OSU/Mich

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Didn't like the Rutgers addition...

That said they aren't going to mess with OSU/Mich

I get that the conference needs to keep that rivalry but you can't protect all of the other ones just because of "tradition." The B1G needs to blow up the division and create some balance. If that leads to Mich and Mich St or Indiana and Purdue not playing every year so be it.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
The B1G needs to blow up the division and create some balance. If that leads to Mich and Mich St or Indiana and Purdue not playing every year so be it.

Would be fine by my considering Iowa has had the 3rd toughest SOS, on average, in the B1G since the league expanded to 14 teams.

Crazy to think of how many games we could win if our SOS was merely middle of the pack in the conference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron