BIG 10 CONSIDERING GOING BACK TO 8 CONFERENCE GAMES

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

Not 8 games. My guess is that they get rid of divisions and go with the Big 12 model. Top 2 teams make the championship game. Each school gets 3 permanent conference opponents with the other 6 rotating?

Your guess would make sense. They have to do something about their horrible B1G West division which is the butt of sports radio jokes all season long.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Your guess would make sense. They have to do something about their horrible B1G West division which is the butt of sports radio jokes all season long.

It's actually a great idea and something probably all conferences need to do. Guarantees that you can schedule your top schools against each other and that schools don't have to wait 12 years to complete a home/home against each other.

Reactions: rholtgraves

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
For the past 10 years NU would have been good to play, but for some reason, it feels like Frost might actually be the answer there. ISU might be better off playing Iowa at this point in time. Iowa is certainly going to continue to be easy to prepare for as long as KF is heading things up. That game usually comes down to having enough horses to win the physical battles, which a lot of times ISU does not. Frost is going to be way more innovative.

I'd rather play a better Nebraska team than an Iowa team who will play out of their minds against us. More to gain playing Nebraska by far

• Funny
Reactions: benjimill

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The Big Ten and SEC are absolutely shameless when it comes to money grabs and obvious ploys to artificially boost the strength of the conference. We can puff our chests about the round robin, but in football, it puts us at a disadvantage. I don't know what the solution is, but it gets tiring having to listen to how good the Big Ten is when their conference matchups are between two teams with obviously inflated records.

The Big 12 has been active in scheduling NC matchups with other P5 schools. That should end immediately. Every school should be looking for ways to go 3-0 and should have no shame in doing so. That's the playoff model.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
The Big Ten and SEC are absolutely shameless when it comes to money grabs and obvious ploys to artificially boost the strength of the conference. We can puff our chests about the round robin, but in football, it puts us at a disadvantage. I don't know what the solution is, but it gets tiring having to listen to how good the Big Ten is when their conference matchups are between two teams with obviously inflated records.

The Big 12 has been active in scheduling NC matchups with other P5 schools. That should end immediately. Every school should be looking for ways to go 3-0 and should have no shame in doing so. That's the playoff model.

2014 Baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'd rather play a better Nebraska team than an Iowa team who will play out of their minds against us. More to gain playing Nebraska by far
ok-then.gif

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Seems the Big 12 has been criticized for its ooc schedule.

• Disagree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Seems the Big 12 has been criticized for its ooc schedule.

For exactly this reason. The Big 12 gets lambasted for its OOC when it is likely the toughest of any conference. Add in the fact that the conference schedule was also likely the toughest with a 9 game round robin and it should be no question. However, E$PIN has a different agenda.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored
L

LincolnWay187

The thing about Iowa State fans, we can admit when our football teams have sucked. You will never get an admission of even being mediocre from a Hawkeye
For exactly this reason. The Big 12 gets lambasted for its OOC when it is likely the toughest of any conference. Add in the fact that the conference schedule was also likely the toughest with a 9 game round robin and it should be no question. However, E$PIN has a different agenda.
I saw UT just scheduled bama OOC I think in 2024. Hopefully UT is back to form by then and whoops their ass.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
It sounds like they want to do what the S$C has been getting away with, to help their College football playoffs chances and to make thier conference look stronger/competitive overall(not). So who are the mighty Hawkeyes gonna select for their fourth non conference game? What FBS Football Juggernaut? Kent State, Bowling Green, or Nevada.

Does Maryland Eastern Shore play football?

• Funny
Reactions: cyfan21

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
SIAP. Since this is a Big Ten thread.

Huh, why does it make sense and is good for fans??? Because they are regional and you left even though it was a good fit? Who would have thunk it?
Sorry go schedule Wyoming, the Dakota schools, and UNO if you want regional now.

• Winner
Reactions: everyyard

CaseyJones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2008
Huh, why does it make sense and is good for fans??? Because they are regional and you left even though it was a good fit? Who would have thunk it?
Sorry go schedule Wyoming, the Dakota schools, and UNO if you want regional now.

No Big 12 team should ever play Nebraska, in any sport. They were the first school to leave the Big 12, causing the domino effect of three other schools leaving, because the crybabies weren't getting their way. Many NE fans I know hope and pray for the demise of the Big 12.

It's disappointing that Oklahoma has a home-and-home football series set up with them soon.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Colorado was more about culture IMO, Nebby Andy Missouri where whores, and aTm was a lying little brother.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I can't believe this still has to be explained to people. Beating a 7-5 Akron team is more impressive than beating a 5-7 KSU team. This is how SOS works in the playoff era. Doesn't matter if you play all SEC opponents. If only a couple of them are above .500 your SOS is crap.
>.500 is considered a quality win and nets you playoff points. Does not matter who you beat as long as it is FBS and you don't lose. That's how you get into the college football playoff.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The B1G moving to 8 conference games would remove the largest argument from the Iowa side to cancel the CyHawk series.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

Help Support Us

Become a patron