JAY JORDAN: Post-spring questions, Big 12 power rankings

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
As much as I don't want this to be the case.....I do think Texa$ and Herman are going to be more ascendant. Money and Talent and he is no dumby. Last year was our chance to beat them and we chose to re-brand our helmets.

• Friendly
Reactions: jsb

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Good assessment.

I know it's way too early but I don't see WVU in the top 3, let alone winning the title.

They do return the best QB, but so many other questions for them.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Jay Jordan be making early off season Kool-Aid!

giphy.gif

And I am drinking it!

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Lol at the Disagree. And of course there's no comment from that user.

Seems like a fair assessment of the league and I'm all for the ISU kool aid.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
Good assessment.

I know it's way too early but I don't see WVU in the top 3, let alone winning the title.

They do return the best QB, but so many other questions for them.
What are the questions? Jay seems to disagree that they have a lot of questions.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Yes. The helmets were definitely the reason we lost.

Earth to JSB....I didn't actually mean that the helmets were the reason we lost. And by saying "Earth to JSB" it's not like I mean the earth, the physical mass of the crust and magma core of the earth is trying to call you...it is just a saying used by people, you know. Magma core. It would be cool if the magma core had an iphone and call us though...it would be like " Hi CycloneFanatics, this is the Magma core of the Earth calling. Sup? Hot down here! Let me take a selfie with the mantle."

All that said......maybe we did lose because of the helmets.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
As much as I don't want this to be the case.....I do think Texa$ and Herman are going to be more ascendant. Money and Talent and he is no dumby. Last year was our chance to beat them and we chose to re-brand our helmets.

I'm at the point with Texas where I'm not going to believe it until they actually turn the program back into an annual conference contender. Talent has never been an issue with the Horns. They have much bigger cultural problems that exist inside that program. It's hard to fix the entitled culture that exists within that program and I don't think the new locker room that opened up last year was a step in the right direction.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

ISU beat OU and TCU...there will be plenty of chances to beat Texas.

• Funny
Reactions: MrPeske

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Yeah no. I can't pick ISU third till I see more. And picking OU anywhere but first seems a bit of a stretch too. I'd love to be wrong....

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I thought Grier was gone...damn. I love ISU's home schedule this year, and having a rock solid defense and experienced senior QB will pay some dividends on the road.

My take away from Texas is that they are still a sketchy team, and Herman has much work to do. However, Texas has been 1 team that ISU's O-line has gotten completely dominated by the last 2 years. If the O-line is more formidable, Texas will have a lot of worry about with ISU.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
If you want to know what Herman can do at Texas look at what he did at ISU. Pedestrian at best. Last season Texas's offense was not good. They accomplished what they did due to their defense. If to want use his Houston days at rebuttal look at what he had at QB. Probable first round pick.

• Disagree
Reactions: isutrevman

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Sean Snyder better finish better than 8th if he wants that job. IdI be very surprised to see WVU vault all the way to the top but I have no inside info. Do they really have enough depth for a 13 game schedule? You saw how we fared late last season.

I think our depth has improved and our talent is consistently improving, but I don't see us winning more than 8 so that would put us maybe 4th at best. I think top 3 will have 9 or 10 wins. Certainly possible but I feel best to temper my enthusiasm

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Love the Big XII coverage. ISU is relevant in football and we get to compare ourselves to the rest of the league. Hopefully the days are over of us wondering which three conference games we can win to get bowl eligible. We probably won’t win every conf game, but we will be competitive in all of them. This is fun.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Being one of the most stable teams with the least questions doesn't mean that ISU is one of the best. There still is a considerable talent divide between teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Okie State, and ISU. That being said, the league is ripe for a team(s) to rise up...West Virginia and ISU could make some big waves this year.

Still not sold on Texas...and honestly, not sold on Oklahoma overcoming the loss of Mayfield with a young coaching staff.

Could see ISU finishing anywhere from 3rd to 7th.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Being one of the most stable teams with the least questions doesn't mean that ISU is one of the best. There still is a considerable talent divide between teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Okie State, and ISU. That being said, the league is ripe for a team(s) to rise up...West Virginia and ISU could make some big waves this year.

Still not sold on Texas...and honestly, not sold on Oklahoma overcoming the loss of Mayfield with a young coaching staff.

Could see ISU finishing anywhere from 3rd to 7th.
It's really hard for me to pick against OU. They consistently lose top talent yet always bring back a few studs and surround them with talent.

I'm not sold on Kyler Murray either, but he seems like he has the talent and won't lack playmakers around him.

It'd be great to rattle Murray in his first hostile road environment for OU:D

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron