JAY JORDAN: Post-spring questions, Big 12 power rankings

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
IdI be very surprised to see WVU vault all the way to the top but I have no inside info. Do they really have enough depth for a 13 game schedule? You saw how we fared late last season.

You should look at WVU's last 4 games of the 2018 season:

@ Texas
v TCU
@ OK State
v OU

The ISU game (in Ames) is also sandwiched between KU and Baylor. If WVU can improve week to week then those last 4 games don't seem so daunting, but if the wheels fall off late in the season, like they did last year, then it may be tough for them to finish with more than 5 wins in conference.

• Informative
Reactions: ATCy

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
My primary comment to this writer regarding K-State is "just like basketball, dude." There's no school taken for granted more than the Cats for some reason. Bill Snyder is old. Well, yeah. And it's as if having to pick between two quality quarterbacks is a bad thing? Logic rules. But he is a lawyer after all. And to suggest that guys who have left can't be replaced is absurd. Yes indeed, K-State 7th, ISU 3rd and WVU wins it all. Good lord. A nice ISU kool-aid slurpy stirred and served-up by a former-Clone. Whoop.;)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...op-25-college-football-teams-2018/1011303001/

Last edited:

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
My primary comment to this writer regarding K-State is "just like basketball, dude." There's no school taken for granted more than the Cats for some reason. Bill Snyder is old. Well, yeah. And it's as if having to pick between two quality quarterbacks is a bad thing? Logic rules. But he is a lawyer after all. And to suggest that guys who have left can't be replaced is absurd. Yes indeed, K-State 7th, ISU 3rd and WVU wins it all. Good lord. A nice ISU kool-aid slurpy stirred and served by a former-Clone. Whoop.;)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...op-25-college-football-teams-2018/1011303001/

Weren't you touting how salty KSU would be last year? And if it weren't for a complete cheat of ISU by the refs, KSU would have been a middling 6-6.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas." Dandy Don Meredith

Yes, K-State was expected to be very good last year. But they lost starting QB Jessie Ertz in an OOC loss at Vandy. They actually finished 8-5 with a lopsided bowl win over UCLA. Not sure where you came with the 6-6 thingy.

And I never wrote this year's squad would be all that 'salty.' You did, Ron. But if they finish 7th or lower, I'll be happy to buy because I believe they'll at least be competitive if not salty.:)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Stormin

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Good stuff as usual from Jay, but say it ain't so---OSU has the best running back in the conference?

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Weren't you touting how salty KSU would be last year? And if it weren't for a complete cheat of ISU by the refs, KSU would have been a middling 6-6.
Literally on first read of that thought you said you were touching yourself as the opening phrase of this.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
ISU at 3rd is a little optimistic, but I don't think finishing in the top half of the league is this year for ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron