Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Did anyone see Scott Saville during tonight's KCRG news, for his "On Iowa Live" show, hype up that Michigan is in the Sweet Sixteen and Iowa is not that far behind, citing they played Michigan close? The Iowa interviewee agreed that Iowa had the talent not far behind Michigan and can compete with anyone.

Wow.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Did anyone see Scott Saville during tonight's KCRG news, for his "On Iowa Live" show, hype up that Michigan is in the Sweet Sixteen and Iowa is not that far behind, citing they played Michigan close? The Iowa interviewee agreed that Iowa had the talent not far behind Michigan and can compete with anyone.

Wow.

I love it. This narrative can keep going ad infinitum as far as I'm concerned.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS and Clonefan94

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Wow.

It just makes it better for when they fail again. Their collective heads will explode when we beat them in FB next yr. (Yep I'm calling it already.)What we've got coming back in BB versus what they have I like our chances way better.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Your news is more recent. I heard from the father of a player that they expected him back. He finally got that apartment that he'd been putting off. My info. is a couple weeks old so who knows. If I wanted to bug the guy I could probably get the latest, assuming he knows.

I just heard he was expected to sign with an agent but it was a "heard it from a friend of his" type of thing so who knows

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
If Michigan would have needed that game they’d have won by 25 plus.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Wow.

My mom and dad watch On Iowa Live every week and almost every week they have some comments about how stupid some of the people on it are.

By that idiot's rationale, Iowa State must be really close since we actually BEAT two Sweet 16 teams. And we had to play Sweet 16 teams 8 times. Iowa had 2 maybe 3 times.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Wow.
Scott is a really nice guy but the water in eastern Iowa makes the locals stupid to logic regarding Iowa. I will say, however, there is a faction that think Fran is an idiot. They happen to be guys I hang around with so I must hang around smart Hawks. I know...oxymoron.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Scott is a really nice guy but the water in eastern Iowa makes the locals stupid to logic regarding Iowa. I will say, however, there is a faction that think Fran is an idiot. They happen to be guys I hang around with so I must hang around smart Hawks. I know...oxymoron.

I spent the first 30 years of my life in central Iowa and have lived the last 5 years in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area. Generally, I've found the Hawk fans in and around Iowa City are much better to deal with than the Hawk fans in central Iowa. Seems the further away from Iowa City the Hawk fans are, the more delusional they get.

• Winner
Reactions: Cat Stevens

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Wow.

Pretty big leap of faith to pick out one close game in a horrible season against a team that needed a miracle shot and several missed FTs to make the Sweet 16 and translate that into we will be there next year.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Pretty big leap of faith to pick out one close game in a horrible season against a team that needed a miracle shot and several missed FTs to make the Sweet 16 and translate that into we will be there next year.

Nah, it's easy, sort of like the guy on HN saying no point guard in the country would displace JorBlo.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Nah, it's easy, sort of like the guy on HN saying no point guard in the country would displace JorBlo.
7jvZb.gif

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Cant make this up but there's a thread saying that if iowa played zone like syracuse they'd be dancing since they have a top 20 offense. If any team had Boheim they'd be dancing regularly, you dip ***** you've got mad fran

• Agree
Reactions: GTO