Wednesday OT - Can I Get Half?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Neither are adults, judging from this thread. A couple stale loafs of bread'll teach 'em.
I used to know a guy who would close up the bag but capture so much air in it that it looked like a blimp. I thought you were trying to limit the air in it not capture as much air as possible. But at least he closed it up...

• Disagree
Reactions: cyclones360

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
5 females, 1 male in our house and the lids go close every time. Stemmed from when we had a cat before kids, and the cat would play in any water. The 5yr old even closed the lid on the toilet in Hobby Lobby today (although I tried to catch her before she did because gross--who know how often that gets cleaned). Love the slow-close toilet lids, we have them on 2 of our 3 toilets.

I do take the garbage out, and set it down to the curb on garbage days.

One of my most annoying habits is leaving the dishwasher and garbage open, which with our kitchen layout makes for an obstacle on either side. Usually I do it to remember to start the dishwasher or know I have more things to throw away. Remember the scene in Date Night where Steve Carell leaves the drawers open at the real estate office and Tina Fey runs into them? Yeah, me on both accounts. I leave things open and run into them myself.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
My wife likes insanely hot showers and is annoyed when we shower together that I can't take the heat. I guess I'm just a sensitive guy.

I'm not sure if my wife has ever taken the garbage out at our house. I am fine with doing it, as she does things I don't do, but there have been a few times it has really needed it and I wasn't around to do so. So it just piled up and smelled bad. Eww.

My wife doesn't always put the toilet lid down when she's done with the bathroom. I know the "seat" is what women want down, but I don't like leaving the lid up either. It must be a family thing because her mom does it too.

no way this doesn't turn into a bunch of jokes, but sounds your wife and I should shower together and you and DH can share :p I like it boiling hot too and he doesn't. Also, I hate standing just outside the stream of water and therefore we rarely shower together. I want the water to myself, dammit! That may be our biggest mistake when building, not putting in two shower heads. I remember that sounding so extravagant at the time, lol.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
The boys used to just leave the bag open. PapaLew would tuck the top under, I would spin the bag, then tuck the top under. Our bread stayed fresher when we got a Bread Buddy, especially now that it takes us the better part of a week to use up one loaf (as opposed to a loaf a day when we were feeding teenage boys).

My wife and I eat different breads. I use one slice for lunch. We keep them in the freezer so they don't mold up on us.

We both have enough faults, I can't call her out on hers.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I know I'm perfect but DH has a few things to work on.

He doesn't believe in putting many things in the dishwasher. Wants them hand washed. That's fine but he is content to let them pile up on the counter. For days. On end. In our apartment with less counter space, this would really piss me off. I had started washing but then stopped because I wanted to put stuff in the dishwasher and he'd take it out. So I boycotted washing dishes.

There's more space in the house but I can still see the pile sitting there.
Oh, he used to put the toothpaste cap on like it needed to survive a tornado or something. He's finally started putting it on softer like a normal person.

Oh I guess the one thing he'd say about me is that I open a new box of granola while there's still stuff left in the old one. And then I keep two boxes open for a while til I throw out the old one, with granola still in it. Sometimes I end up with three boxes open at a time. Every time, he's like why did you open a new box when the other one isn't empty???? I'm like because the other box is just crummy stuff and I like crunchy.

I'm sure there's more but he just got home so I should be nice now :D

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My wife does the same thing. There's imprints in the yard from her tires, but she gets all mad when I say something about it. Recently, the 3 year old has noticed the bare patches and tire marks and has started commenting as well.

CTown, the funny is for the 3 yr old commenting on it. Was that with no coaching?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
no way this doesn't turn into a bunch of jokes, but sounds your wife and I should shower together and you and DH can share :p I like it boiling hot too and he doesn't. Also, I hate standing just outside the stream of water and therefore we rarely shower together. I want the water to myself, dammit! That may be our biggest mistake when building, not putting in two shower heads. I remember that sounding so extravagant at the time, lol.

I'm thinking you could really drive up the page clicks at CF if you'd post that video of you & Hopp's wife showering together.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
5 females, 1 male in our house and the lids go close every time. Stemmed from when we had a cat before kids, and the cat would play in any water. The 5yr old even closed the lid on the toilet in Hobby Lobby today (although I tried to catch her before she did because gross--who know how often that gets cleaned). Love the slow-close toilet lids, we have them on 2 of our 3 toilets.

I do take the garbage out, and set it down to the curb on garbage days.

One of my most annoying habits is leaving the dishwasher and garbage open, which with our kitchen layout makes for an obstacle on either side. Usually I do it to remember to start the dishwasher or know I have more things to throw away. Remember the scene in Date Night where Steve Carell leaves the drawers open at the real estate office and Tina Fey runs into them? Yeah, me on both accounts. I leave things open and run into them myself.
Our new dishwasher has a 4 hour delay function. It has really cut down on the times we forget to start the dishwasher before we go to bed. Now we can fill it after dinner and start it on delay.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Is my wife the only one who leaves every single kitchen cabinet open after getting anything out? Every. Single. Time.

She also routinely leaves seconds on the microwave, but I'm convinced she does that for the sole purpose of pissing me off at this point.

This has been a recent development in our house. I had thought it was the kids, until it started happening with cupboards that are too high for even me to generally reach. :/

I prefer the water way hotter in our house, too. I'm sensing that men are just wusses about hot water?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
This has been a recent development in our house. I had thought it was the kids, until it started happening with cupboards that are too high for even me to generally reach. :/

I prefer the water way hotter in our house, too. I'm sensing that men are just wusses about hot water?

Nope, hot water for me all day everyday

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale

My wife takes baths and showers that could make a lobster scream. I don't get the attraction.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
CTown, the funny is for the 3 yr old commenting on it. Was that with no coaching?

No. He started asking questions about the grass.

Kiddo: Why is it not green?
Me: The grass is sleeping, it's winter time.
Kiddo: Why is that grass green?
Me: That's a weed, weeds wake up from their nap earlier.
Kiddo: Why is there no grass there?
Me: I think somebody was driving on it (This comment was supposed to be focused on him and not driving his PowerWheels knockoff car in the grass)
Kiddo: Mommy shouldn't drive on the grass! I will tell her not to!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I know I'm perfect but DH has a few things to work on.

He doesn't believe in putting many things in the dishwasher. Wants them hand washed. That's fine but he is content to let them pile up on the counter. For days. On end. In our apartment with less counter space, this would really piss me off. I had started washing but then stopped because I wanted to put stuff in the dishwasher and he'd take it out. So I boycotted washing dishes.

There's more space in the house but I can still see the pile sitting there.
Oh, he used to put the toothpaste cap on like it needed to survive a tornado or something. He's finally started putting it on softer like a normal person.

Oh I guess the one thing he'd say about me is that I open a new box of granola while there's still stuff left in the old one. And then I keep two boxes open for a while til I throw out the old one, with granola still in it. Sometimes I end up with three boxes open at a time. Every time, he's like why did you open a new box when the other one isn't empty???? I'm like because the other box is just crummy stuff and I like crunchy.

I'm sure there's more but he just got home so I should be nice now :D

I sympathize with your dishes issue. I do 90% of the dishes in our house and I dislike piling. Most of the baby dishes need to be hand washed still so I can't leave them for more than a day or two.

I would suggest mixing in the last of the previous granola with mostly NEW granola. Then you don't throw as much away. But I'm the guy that scrapes the last minute amounts of peanut butter out of the jar before I use a new one, so take it for what it is.