Wednesday OT - Can I Get Half?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Nope, hot water for me all day everyday

Ok, so we've figured out that insanely hot showers are a girl thing, cmjh included.

I'd be ok with @cowgirl836 and Mrs HipHopp showering together, but I'm not sure I'm ok with showering with DH to get that to happen.

Honestly, I think if my wife got second degree burns from her shower, she'd be ok with that.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This has been a recent development in our house. I had thought it was the kids, until it started happening with cupboards that are too high for even me to generally reach. :/

I prefer the water way hotter in our house, too. I'm sensing that men are just wusses about hot water?
I can contribute confirming anecdotal data to this theory. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I guess it's our lower pain tolerance since we don't have to push kids out of our bodies.

I'll set up a nice warm shower, with some steam coming off even, and my wife will tell me it's cold.

I had always wondered if, in the pre-dishwasher days, it was because women's skin was used to hot water for washing dishes? But the pain tolerance is likely part of it.

Dude, unless every inch of your skin is hot pink, it's too cold.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I had always wondered if, in the pre-dishwasher days, it was because women's skin was used to hot water for washing dishes? But the pain tolerance is likely part of it.

My wife: "Nope, still cold"

maxresdefault.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

When I was a kid, I remember reaching into the dishwater in the sink after my mom got done with dishes. I nearly melted the skin off my hand. I learned quickly not to mess with my mom.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I sympathize with your dishes issue. I do 90% of the dishes in our house and I dislike piling. Most of the baby dishes need to be hand washed still so I can't leave them for more than a day or two.

I would suggest mixing in the last of the previous granola with mostly NEW granola. Then you don't throw as much away. But I'm the guy that scrapes the last minute amounts of peanut butter out of the jar before I use a new one, so take it for what it is.

I do try to do this. Pour a little from the old box and some from the new. I could try to do that more, I suppose. Maybe when he washes dishes more often. Oh, also, he will open a new jar of jam when there's a bit left in the old one. And take weeks to finally scrape out the old. So that's his "granola" deal.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I do try to do this. Pour a little from the old box and some from the new. I could try to do that more, I suppose. Maybe when he washes dishes more often. Oh, also, he will open a new jar of jam when there's a bit left in the old one. And take weeks to finally scrape out the old. So that's his "granola" deal.

"Good luck eating NEW granola without any bowls! HAHAHA!"

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
My wife is somewhat anal about stuff going stale where I am more of a "it's still edible and safe...eat it". That is probably my biggest complaint. She is slowly getting better about turning lights and stuff off but I still have to go around and turn most things off. I used to be convinced that she would just always leave every light on 24/7. She also leaves cabinets open but has gotten better at that too. Her mom/family on the other hand do that all the flipping time and it drives me nuts. We will come home from a night out when they watch the kids and every cabinet will still be open from when they made dinner AND dinner and all of the dishes will still be all over the table. Great so now I get to come home from a nice night and clean up after you!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
When I was a kid, I remember reaching into the dishwater in the sink after my mom got done with dishes. I nearly melted the skin off my hand. I learned quickly not to mess with my mom.

And just think - that's after it had cooled down and she'd done an entire sink filled with dishes.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
She is slowly getting better about turning lights and stuff off but I still have to go around and turn most things off. I used to be convinced that she would just always leave every light on 24/7.

This. This is the reason LED light bulbs were invented. As my old ones burn out, LED ones go in.

My wife got wise to my scheme when I quit harping on her to turn out the lights, and now she is pretty good at turning them off.

Go figure.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I guess it's our lower pain tolerance since we don't have to push kids out of our bodies.

I'll set up a nice warm shower, with some steam coming off even, and my wife will tell me it's cold.
This is a female ploy to gain sympathy. They spend a couple of hours in a comfy, reclining bed pushing a little tiny baby with pliable bones out and then get waited on like princesses by highly trained nurses and doctors for the next couple of days. They even get pain relief drugs if they want them. As men we have to stand there the whole time while watching that disgusting show, act supportive (even while we're being told that this is our fault), remember how to count to 4 during this stressful time for us and we aren't even allowed to have a beer in the hospital. It was much more equitable when men used to hang out in a bar and hand out cigars. Do women understand how stressful it is picking out just the right cigar for a given occasion?

jimlad.png

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
This is a female ploy to gain sympathy. They spend a couple of hours in a comfy, reclining bed pushing a little tiny baby with pliable bones out and then get waited on like princesses by highly trained nurses and doctors for the next couple of days. They even get pain relief drugs if they want them. As men we have to stand there the whole time while watching that disgusting show, act supportive (even while we're being told that this is our fault), remember how to count to 4 during this stressful time for us and we aren't even allowed to have a beer in the hospital. It was much more equitable when men used to hang out in a bar and hand out cigars. Do women understand how stressful it is picking out just the right cigar for a given occasion?

View attachment 53737

You picked the wrong hospital.

Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron