*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Tech Gameday Thread ***

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I asked someone (supposedly) in the know, why prohm didnt recruit a true point guard and I was told that Lindell will be the starting point guard next year......My response to that info....Hey prohm why dont you recruit a True Point Guard?

By most accounts we’re recruiting Tyler Harris right now and this is ISU we’re always up for a grad transfer.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
Crowd is so stupid their coach has to tell them to get loud

Dude, Tech basketball has been terrible for years. We’re rusty. Cut us some slack.

As for the refs, I think most Big 12 fans recognize there’s a problem. I think the Big 12 ahould fund a program to train the very best refs in EVERY sport for Big 12 competition. Make it a huge deal that the Big 12 will establish the gold standard for referees. And once established and proven, invite other conferences to send their refs for Big 12 training.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I really hope with the additions next year our team is bad ass. Our margin for error is so small this year and the refs seem to know it. I want to be good enough that the refs dont matter.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
We managed to stay away from WVU, didn't give a chance for contact. Plus, for some stupid reason, Huggy ran the same press all game, didn't switch it up.

This game and Baylor were horrible inside, for the Clones. solo and Lard are not bad inside, they are just handcuffed.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Wigginton is just not a primary ball handler. Not sure he ever will be.
He should get better, but it’s clear why he’s never played pg- he doesn’t have those skills. He’s barely even a combo guard right now. Without extenuating circumstances a team will, or should, have better options at pg. With NWB out and this season a disaster we might as well try and get him better, but Talley at pg may be more effective.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Dude, Tech basketball has been terrible for years. We’re rusty. Cut us some slack.

As for the refs, I think most Big 12 fans recognize there’s a problem. I think the Big 12 ahould fund a program to train the very best refs in EVERY sport for Big 12 competition. Make it a huge deal that the Big 12 will establish the gold standard for referees. And once established and proven, invite other conferences to send their refs for Big 12 training.

There is no just thing as Big 12 refs...see you are a stupid fan

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Babb missing a few games might be the best thing for this team in the long run. This year is a bust as for post season so get the young players mins and development.

Wiggs is getting his feet wet manning the point.

Lard is getting trial by fire with how fouls are going to be called.

Talley is getting a lot of good mins. Very versatile defender.

Disappointed though in Lewis and Long's development. At this point in time I thought they would be contributing more. Rest of this season and next off season is going to be big for them. With the freshman class coming in its going to be Hard for them to see the floor if they don't make a big jump in development.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Curious what people think of Jakolby Long after tonight. Thought he played the best D out of all the guards (not saying much). Wondering if he'll re-discover his offense as he hasn't scored much since his injury. I think he passes the eye test though, and should get more minutes moving forward.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Best part of tonight's game is that ISU football has seen an uptick in recruits and cool football names like Brock Purdy. August will be a fun month!

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
There is no just thing as Big 12 refs...see you are a stupid fan

Enlighten me. In CFB, there are teams of refs employed and trained by each conference. Is college basketball different?

Also you should have said “ignorant” rather than “stupid”. There is a difference. :cool:

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Curious what people think of Jakolby Long after tonight. Thought he played the best D out of all the guards (not saying much). Wondering if he'll re-discover his offense as he hasn't scored much since his injury. I think he passes the eye test though, and should get more minutes moving forward.

I like Long and how he plays. Kind of a wild man when he gets the ball but at least he's unpredictable.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Babb missing a few games might be the best thing for this team in the long run. This year is a bust as for post season so get the young players mins and development.

Wiggs is getting his feet wet manning the point.

Lard is getting trial by fire with how fouls are going to be called.

Talley is getting a lot of good mins. Very versatile defender.

Disappointed though in Lewis and Long's development. At this point in time I thought they would be contributing more. Rest of this season and next off season is going to be big for them. With the freshman class coming in its going to be Hard for them to see the floor if they don't make a big jump in development.
Just posted about Long. I think he's doing alright in areas, but totally invisible in others (kind of a poor man's Zoran Talley on offense) Lewis looks shocked out of his gourd when he's out there, took a step back from Saturday. Disappointed so far as well. Wonder what's going on. We swung and missed on Carter, and I haven't seen a Fr. come in as overmatched since, well, Carter.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017

Don't listen to him, Prohm does the same thing. Beard is a helluva coach.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I've been a big fan of Jakolby, but I disagree with you. I thought he was horrible on D all night, he let his man drive by him all night.