Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
site.png
vs
doublet_for_web.png

IOWA STATE (12-10, 3-7 BIG 12)
VS. NO. 7 TEXAS TECH (19-4, 7-3 BIG 12)
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 7 | 8 P.M. CST
LUBBOCK, TEXAS | UNITED SUPERMARKETS ARENA (15,098)

Radio: Cyclone Radio Network
Talent: John Walters (pxp); Eric Heft (analyst)
TV: ESPNU
Talent: Clay Matvick (pxp); Tim Welsh (analyst)

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A lot of excitement for this one. I blame the incompetence of the refs.

If Lard or Young get ******** calls yet again, I hope we go small-ball.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Tech should be really motivated against us. They've played some good ball since we beat them up at Hilton and need to win to stay tied with KU at the top.

Hoping for a win, but Tech hasn't lost at home yet this season. At least a well-played loss has a silver lining.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Not a great feeling on this one. Here’s to a great effort, maybe sneak a road win. Doubt we get much help from the stripes.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Overall the team has been making progress through out the the season and as with most young team the results from game to game have been uneven. Playing on the poad in the Big and getting that same effort is the next step I want to see for the future clones to build on for next year.
3 things I'll be watching closely:
1. Wigginton playing the PG (rebounding from Baylor 2nd half)
2. Lard staying out of Foul Trouble
3. Zoran getting more comfortable in his role and his shot selection.

Good opportunity tonight to play the Red Raiders squad they have already beaten and should have some confidence playing against.
Go Cyclones!!! Beat TT.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It's February and I'm still interested in the team. That's all I can ask for this year.

The hope tonight is if things are going well into halftime, to sustain that for a full 40 and have a chance late.

This season is a bummer for the seniors but couldn't be a better opportunity for a learning year for all else.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
If ISU is hitting their shots and Lard stays out of foul trouble, then can win this one. Tech doesn't have great shooters and can struggle to score at times.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
A game I expect us to win. We lose to unranked teams, then we go and beat top 25 teams. That's how the season has been so far.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
If ISU is hitting their shots and Lard stays out of foul trouble, then can win this one. Tech doesn't have great shooters and can struggle to score at times.
That’s somewhat luck (see Babb’s shots at home against TT), but we’ll need to have one of our better ball-movement nights. TT is too athletic to rely on one-on-one tough 2’s.

An off night by TT and ISU’s A game could result in an upset. The inverse of that and we leave with a 20-point loss.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Evans was not a factor at Hilton. He' a legitimate All-American, so I wouldn't expect that to happen again. Texas Tech didn't really look for three-pointers, which is nice for us. When it gets to this point in the season, you kinda have your recipe for a win. Good outside shooting, points off turnovers, and defend the three. Those are difficult on the road, but we're capable.

I don't know, I just don't see us playing well at their place (per usual). I hope this isn't the one where the wheels fall completely off (I don't count the Baylor game as the refs changed the game).

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Didn't NWB guard Evans at Hilton? It'll be interesting to see who checks him tonight, dude has been playing out of his mind the last couple weeks. That said, he's been carrying them, without a big game from him, their offense can struggle.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron