*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Tech Gameday Thread ***

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
How many points did they get off of wigginton turnovers? I think every one led to points. Hopefully by next year he can clean some of it up. We knew he was going to turn it over more than Monte, but he is exciting to watch when he gets going.

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
I have no respect for fanbases that will only support a winner. I would bet that arena was half full at best last year.

Will never understand why any highly rated basketball player would ever want to play at a Texas or Oklahoma school where the fans hold the sport in such disinterest unless they are above average or elite.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can always count on you guys griping about the refs and trying to make yourself feel better by making comments about attendance.

Pretty weak and embarrassing.

Just man up and accept we are undermanned and have less talent right now.
Would we have won with better officiating tonight? Probably not. But are we really 18-20 points worse than TTU? The first 32 minutes or so tell me no, we're not. We don't have the horses, sure. But when a team as physical as TTU gets called for 1 foul in a 10 minute span, in a crucial stretch of the game, and we end up with 2x as many fouls as them, it isn't out of the question to raise an eye brow.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Freshman.
I know, but he is just so loose with the ball. Does he have really small hands? He struggles to keep his dribble and constantly looses it and has to gather.

I also remember Ejim not being able to catch a pass as a freshman, so I get that freshman do look bad at times and will improve.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good effort by the guys. Let's kick some Jayhawk ass next.

Count me as in the minority for a fan of the color guy. He has been complemental of ISU in the past and didn't hear any Tech bias today.

They play Oklahoma next and you must have been listening to Walters synced up with the screen.

• Funny
Reactions: TakeCover

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I have no respect for fanbases that will only support a winner. I would bet that arena was half full at best last year.

Will never understand why any highly rated basketball player would ever want to play at a Texas or Oklahoma school where the fans hold the sport in such disinterest unless they are above average or elite.

Because bigger cities with more to do and winters that average 20-30 degrees warmer than Iowa. And proximity. Just spitballing.

• Agree
Reactions: 2ndCyCE

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I know, but he is just so loose with the ball. Does he have really small hands? He struggles to keep his dribble and constantly looses it and has to gather.

I also remember Ejim not being able to catch a pass as a freshman, so I get that freshman do look bad at times and will improve.

He's out of control a lot too.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

Pay is better south of Iowa.

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby and 2ndCyCE

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Impressive they could play that physical in a half & end with 6 fouls
About as bad as WVU. Refs tend to whistle teams that don’t consistently make contact more than the ones that continuously foul.

Just awful officiating. I’m glad we are so inept it likely didn’t matter unlike the Baylor game, but it kills us to lose Lard over ******** calls

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
Because bigger cities with more to do and winters that average 20-30 degrees warmer than Iowa. And proximity. Just spitballing.

I totally get the appeal for an 18 year old and ultimately don't blame them for the choice. Doesn't change my lack of respect for front running fans though.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth