Michigan State is in Major trouble

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Ok, it is not an NCAA matter per-se, but why does accreditation never come up in these discussions? Especially with the Penn State situation in which one of the big allegations was the improper "governance" of the institution. That is one of the main standards to be evaluated by accreditation reviews. If there never was a notation about improper governance at Penn State, then what good is accreditation? Everyone in the country knew that Joe Paterno had too much power within the institution. Did no one ever make note of this in the formal review process for accreditation?

This is one I don't get either. What about institutional integrity? Isn't that suppose to be part of the by-laws of the schools, conferences, and the NCAA? I just feel like there is something very wrong with the system if they don't address situations like this or rape U in TX.

I'm still pissed about UNC fake classes for decades not being an NCAA violation. How can that be? Remember when ISU was put on probation for taking a guy to a plane in DM and getting him a Big Mac? NCAA just does enough to non-blue bloods to make it look like they are actually trying to enforce rules. Just a freaking money machine at this point in time.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
To me, USAG needs a complete overhaul and to clean house. Horrific how many people put reputation/winning/money/fame over doing what is right. It's pathetic Steve Penny still got $1,000,000 in severance.

My other questions was why didn't ESPN put pictures of Steve Penny and some of the other people. They deserved to be seen. I had to google a few pics just to see what these scumbags looked like. They should have their pics platered everywhere.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
That would be the death penalty. No way he would survive 10 years unless in solitary or protective custody for the entire time.

Death would be an easy escape for this scum, he should suffer as these kids at the hands of the general pop and then put out.

• Agree
Reactions: TruClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Been watching the victims give testimony during the sentence hearing. They are brave young women and will do good things in this world (or continue to do so). Based on the judge's responses, I don't see how this piece of garbage won't be in prison for life.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Been watching the victims give testimony during the sentence hearing. They are brave young women and will do good things in this world (or continue to do so). Based on the judge's responses, I don't see how this piece of garbage won't be in prison for life.

The tax payers will be paying for this scum to rot in a prison for decades and then 100s of thousands of dollars in medical care when he goes into old age. A firing squad for a scum with clear proven evidence.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
\
True. You have to imagine since it's not a football or basketball thing Michigan State might give itself a death penalty for a couple years just to wash their hands of it and act like they are taking the high road. That is what I would do if I were the AD. Just get rid of that program for two years.

Interesting. I didn't think about that, but a severe self imposed penalty might actually be considered. You might be on to something there. Fire everyone even remotely involved and shutter the doors on it.

The only problem with that is since it's a women's sport they'd have to cut the men's program to stay in compliance with Title IX and that opens them up to litigation for taking scholarships away from current athletes. Not a chance in hell that's happening.

Reactions: Knownothing

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
It's really disturbing that some of these girls told their coach at Michigan State what was happening and the coach did nothing. A female coach nonetheless. If MSU has any integrity they should get rid of their gymnastics team.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You mean worse as in the number of victims? Did you read about what Sandusky did at Ped State for 30 plus years?
Yeah 100’s of girls. Sandusky was around 7. Each is horrible don’t get me wrong but 100’s of girls are
Coming out.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
The only problem with that is since it's a women's sport they'd have to cut the men's program to stay in compliance with Title IX and that opens them up to litigation for taking scholarships away from current athletes. Not a chance in hell that's happening.
Wondering if they just suspend a sport for two years if that would be the case. I’m guessing if they went to the ncaa and layed out what they planned to do. The NCAA would support that behind closed doors.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Wondering if they just suspend a sport for two years if that would be the case. I’m guessing if they went to the ncaa and layed out what they planned to do. The NCAA would support that behind closed doors.

Hard telling. An unbelievable circumstance coupled with an organization that seldom deals in common sense makes it impossible to predict.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Are we seriously arguing whether Nassar or Sandusky was worse?

Both of their crimes were heinous in their own right.

Nope. Not trying to argue. They're both terrible. I wouldn't consider one worse than the other. Both dudes deserve the death penalty IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think we all understand the seriousness of Nassar and his crimes. At the same time,I don't think the post was insensitive.
Disagree. I don’t think there is any “fair” punishment possible, so including a basketball game in an opinion is dumb. If you are scarred like they are, you take that to the grave.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron