Today's the day: the bowl blowout streak ended.

Who wins?

• Total voters

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I understand you wanting to sweep it under the rug. Pretty gnarly stuff. Now Campbell won't even let the kid transfer to DRAKE if it's the best fit for him. Talk about twisting the knife.
I hope he somehow goes to FAU. Park + Kiffin is a match made in heaven.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
When Iowa won the Pinstripe yesterday & Hock Nation started running hock-wild. Never seen such a weird reaction from a fan base celebrating a program changing bowl victory. They started eating each other & it spilled over here with the Bob-degenerate & then CyTwins said maybe Gonzo created an alt & then it’s been crazy town ever since.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I understand you wanting to sweep it under the rug. Pretty gnarly stuff. Now Campbell won't even let the kid transfer to DRAKE if it's the best fit for him. Talk about twisting the knife.

The restricted transfer angle is much better than your first attempt

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I thought the Drake thing was a joke.....how can Park be restricted from going somewhere that doesn't offer football scholarships?

UNI? Don't understand that either....UNI isn't on the Cyclones schedule next year is it? Very strange and seems a little petty.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I thought the Drake thing was a joke.....how can Park be restricted from going somewhere that doesn't offer football scholarships?

UNI? Don't understand that either....UNI isn't on the Cyclones schedule next year is it? Very strange and seems a little petty.
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think ISU (and most schools) refuse transfer to any school on any future schedule, not just the next year. I think UNI is back on our schedule a couple years down the road, so I can kind of understand that.

As for Drake, no idea (that's blown way out of proportion, but it's still an odd choice either way).

Aug 26, 2014

The coaches and players showed nothing but love and respect for Park. Everyone tried to do everything possible to get him healthy and gave him all the time he needed to straighten out his personal life. And then he decides to throw the coaches and fans under the bus. He made his own bed.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think ISU (and most schools) refuse transfer to any school on any future schedule, not just the next year. I think UNI is back on our schedule a couple years down the road, so I can kind of understand that.

As for Drake, no idea (that's blown way out of proportion, but it's still an odd choice either way).
I understand the future opponent angle but doesn't Park only have 1 year left? If he'd be eligible when UNI is back on the schedule I understand it but if he isn't.....doesn't make sense. It'll be interesting to see where Park ends up...someone will take a chance, the kid has talent.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I understand the future opponent angle but doesn't Park only have 1 year left? If he'd be eligible when UNI is back on the schedule I understand it but if he isn't.....doesn't make sense. It'll be interesting to see where Park ends up...someone will take a chance, the kid has talent.
I would assume it's something to do with not changing teams even to reveal trade secrets for the future. Coaches tend to be a superstitious breed. Again, I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can sort-of see the idea behind it. Unnecessary? Maybe. Stupid? Probably not.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
The coaches and players showed nothing but love and respect for Park. Everyone tried to do everything possible to get him healthy and gave him all the time he needed to straighten out his personal life. And then he decides to throw the coaches and fans under the bus. He made his own bed.
I agree for the most part....just don't understand the Drake restriction or UNI if he isn't going to be eligible when you play them.

Seems Campbell wants this kid as far from the program as possible. Campbell seems like a stand up guy so there is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Aug 26, 2014
I agree for the most part....just don't understand the Drake restriction or UNI if he isn't going to be eligible when you play them.

Seems Campbell wants this kid as far from the program as possible. Campbell seems like a stand up guy so there is probably a lot more going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.
I admit, it does seem a little weird. Maybe he has some friends on the team, and CMC doesn't want Park showing up in Ames to party with his buddies?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I admit, it does seem a little weird. Maybe he has some friends on the team, and CMC doesn't want Park showing up in Ames to party with his buddies?
Pure speculation but this could be it. Like I said, Campbell and his staff seem like stand up guys so there has to be a reason behind it.

I'll probably be bashed for this but....after the Texas game when Park left the team...it seemed like a different team the next week out. Kid's rallied around Kempt.

When I was in the Air Force I was in charge of 70-80 guy sections for a few years.....1 bad apple can really make a difference in the attitude/morale of a team. It's up to the leader to deal with that person for the best of the team/mission. This is just speculation but it sure seems like this may have been the case with Park.

Like has been stated by you and others....I think Campbell made every attempt to help this young man but at some point enough is enough. That's what's probably behind the restrictions IMO.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron