Today's the day: the bowl blowout streak ended.

Who wins?

• Total voters

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
The rub on that 12-2 team was hawk fans wanted the CFP when it clearly wasn't warranted. The Rose Bowl was apparently a little over their heads too. They were a good team, but probably benefited from a fair amount of luck (including scheduling) to go undefeated.

Memphis is probably in the same boat this year. They had enough luck that it's hard to really know just how good they are. For what it's worth, the analytics blog I read ranks Iowa's season at #18, Memphis' at #19 and Iowa State's at #31. And that includes SOS. For team rankings, they have Memphis at 18, ISU at 44 and Iowa at 47.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...e-rankings-2017-sos?__twitter_impression=true

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2017-college-football-advanced-statistical-profiles

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Guys I'm in Memphis with were sitting around having beers a couple hours ago laughing their asses off at this thread. I see the circle jerk is still going.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He completed 8 passes for less than 100 yards in a college football game and had zero pocket awareness. I guess it's not bad if you're comparing it to IHSAA 2-A football

Can you imagine how fast he'd be abused, abandoned and run out of the state by coaches and fans if he played in Ames? Scary.

• Winner
  • Dislike
Reactions: breck53 and Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can you imagine how fast he'd be abused, abandoned and run out of the state by coaches and fans if he played in Ames? Scary.

I wouldn't run him out of town I just know our coaches would be looking all over to upgrade the position. I'd be terrified if he was our QB1 going into next season

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I wouldn't run him out of town I just know our coaches would be looking all over to upgrade the position. I'd be terrified if he was our QB1 going into next season

Yeah but we've seen what your coaches and fans did to your last starting QB after he had a bad game and told them he was dealing with medical issues, pretty nasty.

• Dislike
Reactions: breck53 and Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yeah but we've seen what your coaches and fans did to your last starting QB after he had a bad game and told them he was dealing with medical issues, pretty nasty.

They did everything they could to get him healthy

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Kind of sad that @Rural thinks it's funny the way Park was abused and abandoned by ISU coaches and fans just for playing a bad game and having medical issues. But whatever.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53