We won’t get Wigginton for four years

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Not saying he leaves for the pros after this year, as I absolutely don’t think he will. But you can just see the talent just pouring out of him when he’s on the court. There were a couple of plays today and against Iowa where I just shook my head in disbelief at how gifted he is. It’s going to be really exciting seeing how Prohm works with him and gets him to harness it, but I just don’t see him being here all four years before he’s hitting on all cylinders (although I hope I’m wrong and his love for ISU keeps him here through his senior year!)

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
He doesn’t have enough pieces around him to take some of the attention so he will look great but not NBA ready. My opinion is he’ll be here for his Junior year and then have a decision to make.

Agreed. In the meantime, gonna enjoy it while we can, because I think he’ll be a special one.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
He's a freak, the growth from game 1 to today is incredible. I don't know that he's a one and done, but to think we'll have him for four years is pretty optimistic.

• Agree
Reactions: r06b

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I have no idea when he’ll leave, but to be drafted he’ll need to show a good amount of improvement as a pg. He’s never really been a pg and it shows. I’m guessing it’ll take at least a couple years.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I have no idea when he’ll leave, but to be drafted he’ll need to show a good amount of improvement as a pg. He’s never really been a pg and it shows. I’m guessing it’ll take at least a couple years.
He has a really nice shot, his passing will improve. I think he leaves after a break out sophomore season.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

At 6 2 pg is his NBA position. I have been pleasantly surprised by his shooting however. I didn't expect it so soon. The defense will tighten up when he plays tougher teams with good defensive guards but he also has the ability and strength to drive around and finish inside.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
I think the only thing that may keep him from leaving this year or next is that he won't be the primary ballhandler until NWB graduates. I predict he'll stick around to have a junior year in the same vein as Monte's senior year, then head to the pros.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Again, there’s a difference in leaving and getting drafted.

I honestly don’t see him passing NWB as a pg next year, but maybe he’ll be a combo guard by then.

Totally agree. He's going to have to prove that he can play PG in the NBA. Next year, he'll be more of a 2 with Jackson gone and Shayock playing the 3. The following year, he will be handed the keys as a PG. I don't think he leaves before that, but if he does and gets drafted, more power to him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
He can get just a tad sloppy with the ball when spinning/doing a fancy drive.
But, and this is a big but, the kid can elevate like I’ve never seen for someone his size. For a freshman he’s got a nicely developed body with some impressive looking arms. If he can clean up a little bit of that ball control, oh boy watch out.

• Winner
Reactions: sadam

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
He makes BB look easy. Even when his shot doesn't fall etc.. He just makes playing look effortless. It's going to be a lot of fun watching him grow and improve for however long he is at ISU.