*** Official Boise St. Vs IOWA STATE Gameday Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yep, dude is clutch from the line.
Which brings me to my next point: Why was Solo on the floor during the inbounds when the next foul gets us to the line? He missed the front end, luckily it didn't cost us. But, why not sub him out for must make free throw situations and bring him back in on defense? And if he must be in, why pass to him?!

I figured they'd want some length out there to lob it in at least to get in bounds, and perhaps for defense if there was a turnover or miss.

I'm not sure what kind of hands Lard has for that situation.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Donovan Jackson was incredible at the end.
Not great coaching by CSP in my opinion. To lose 20 points of a 24 point lead - not good. We were out of control and had some bad lineups in game. Poor shot selection and all one on one during that stretch. Why throw it in to Young when you know it will be the 7th foul?
But, Jackson was good when it counted.
Happy for the team. We are way better than we were a week ago.
BTW - Texas Tech looked outstanding. At one point had a 40 point lead on #20 Northwestern.

Who won?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That graphic they showed before the game indicates that we're a Sweet 16 team or better.

This team is really good when everyone's available.

I think they said it's automatic for a Sweet 16 according to NCAA rules, but I'll have to watch the replay.

If they did NOT say that, it was at least refreshing to hear NWB's name pronounced correctly.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
313ad53c-f3da-4367-93e0-b5f5977f2961_100_h_6.gif

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Donovan Jackson was incredible at the end.
Not great coaching by CSP in my opinion. To lose 20 points of a 24 point lead - not good. We were out of control and had some bad lineups in game. Poor shot selection and all one on one during that stretch. Why throw it in to Young when you know it will be the 7th foul?
But, Jackson was good when it counted.
Happy for the team. We are way better than we were a week ago.
BTW - Texas Tech looked outstanding. At one point had a 40 point lead on #20 Northwestern.

I don't buy the dig on CSP coaching.

I have not seen 1 ISU coach improve a team in 1 week as much as he has. If we are going to dig him for losing a 24 pt lead we have to remember he put a team on the floor that could get a 24 point lead.

I don't think it bothered him too much that the team was in a place where it had to figure out how to close the game.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think they said it's automatic for a Sweet 16 according to NCAA rules, but I'll have to watch the replay.

If they did NOT say that, it was at least refreshing to hear NWB's name pronounced correctly.

You've got it. One Elite 8 and two Sweet 16s from the last 3 champions.
That means Prohm, whatever his first name is today, will be the first Cyclone MBB coach with 2 Sweet 16s to his name. That ain't bad.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
All good points, though I'm not sure what Prohm can do about Boise going bananas from behind the arc.

Yeah, you can attribute much of that to odds. Boise is a good shooting team that was awful in the first half. They probably ended the game about where they’d expect (11/30, 36.7%). Need to guard the screening better, but it’s tougher when they’re MOVING (not that I’m bitter).

Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
All good points, though I'm not sure what Prohm can do about Boise going bananas from behind the arc.

I actually thought ISU was better vs. the screens and on the ball late, which I'm guessing Prohm had something to do with.

Haven't seen any quotes from him--has he just opened it up offensively and decided to piece the defense together as they go along? The flow, ball movement and pace of the team is night and day from a week ago and I'm not sure if it's all on Brase and Lard's return since they're not starting.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
From ESPN.com:

CONWAY, S.C. -- Donovan Jackson scored 26 points and Iowa State blew most of a huge lead before holding off Boise State 75-64 in Sunday's championship game at the relocated Puerto Rico Tip-Off.

Nick Weiler-Babb had 10 points, seven rebounds and 11 assists to earn honors as the tournament's most valuable player for the Cyclones (3-2). And Jackson set a tournament scoring record with 76 points, including a huge 3-pointer with 1:17 left after the Broncos had cut a 24-point second-half deficit all the way to four.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah, you can attribute much of that to odds. Boise is a good shooting team that was awful in the first half. They probably ended the game about where they’d expect (11/30, 36.7%). Need to guard the screening better, but it’s tougher when they’re MOVING (not that I’m bitter).

On that note, when the announcers said Boise averages 12 threes a game, I said to myself, "Just one more, then, and we're done with this."

Didn't quite go that way, but they couldn't keep up either pace forever.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You've got it. One Elite 8 and two Sweet 16s from the last 3 champions.
That means Prohm, whatever his first name is today, will be the first Cyclone MBB coach with 2 Sweet 16s to his name. That ain't bad.

Great! I'll go to work tomorrow and let everyone know to look for it come March.

What a great season this turned into 4 months from now.

• Informative
Reactions: Spanky