Game of Thrones Season 7

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Women just constantly measuring male actors based on physical appearance. Makes me sick.

What's the deal with Dany never being visible when naked anymore. That's some ********.

I remember at one time after the first couple of seasons, Emilia Clarke told the show that she would no longer do any gratuitous nudity.:(

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Should have been fired.

giphy.gif

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got caught up. I loved seeing Sansa pull a fast one on Little Finger. He was standing there looking so smug and all of a sudden he was like "what?"
I just wish they would have dragged him out to a dungeon for a while then executed him next season.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I think that was the last time she did nudity. IIRC, she said if it was necessary for the story, she would do it (like that scene of walking out unburnt), but no more just standing up in a tub naked kind of thing.

Basically - she figured out they couldn't really do the show without her character and she could call some of the shots.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Women just constantly measuring male actors based on physical appearance. Makes me sick.

What's the deal with Dany never being visible when naked anymore. That's some ********.
Fair point. I'll cop to teasing Angie about it.
Constantly, though? Exaggeration to make your point, I wager...

Reactions: Angie

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
  • Informative
Reactions: srjclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They didn't mention that in the extra that I watched with the information, so I went looking before answering. I found this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...y-double-instead-of-going-naked-a6992296.html

Since you all keep talking about it I'll confess I immediately did a double take on first viewing of that scene since the walk of shame body didn't really look like Lena's real bod (hey, those do not look like her real bewbs) since she's done nude scenes before. :rolleyes: The hubbub about it was a little out of scale. With that said, the nudity in that scene did enhance the humiliation factor, similar to a scene in the WWII movie Black Book with Carice van Houten (who plays Melisandre in GoT).

Speaking of body doubles, Catherine Bell (a then totes unknown actress) was Isabella Rossellini’s nude body double in Death Becomes Her. :eek: A interesting start for someone who became a TV star in her own right after that.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Since you all keep talking about it I'll confess I immediately did a double take on first viewing of that scene since the walk of shame body didn't really look like Lena's real bod (hey, those do not look like her real bewbs) since she's done nude scenes before. :rolleyes: The hubbub about it was a little out of scale. With that said, the nudity in that scene did enhance the humiliation factor, similar to a scene in the WWII movie Black Book with Carice van Houten (who plays Melisandre in GoT).

Speaking of body doubles, Catherine Bell (a then totes unknown actress) was Isabella Rossellini’s nude body double in Death Becomes Her. :eek: A interesting start for someone who became a TV star in her own right after that.
Forced nudity can be a very effective means of humiliation, and can be used to great effect in the correct scene. Schindler's list is another movie that used it to great effect - and the people were not your standard movie nudes....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron